• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Limp mode HELP!!!!

Hi, Did a search for this but couldnt really find anything. I have an 07 M1000 thats been running fine. Last weekend heading back to the trailer it went into "failsafe" mode (limp mode) and wont run over about 4800 rpm and no codes. I have checked the pipe sensor, taken my PL box out of the loop (hooked everything back stock), checked for stuck valve cables, etc. But no success. Still wont run over 4800 rpm. All the lights, speedo, work fine. I`ve been told so many different things by so many different people, but Im stumped. So now asking you ectron gurus for help. Please!!!

Sled; 07 m1000 09 reflash. Pure Logic box. RKT head, and porting. Speedwerx pipe, and Y. super Q can

I would think if it's in limp mode you would have a code but I'm not sure.

Yea thats what I thought too. But I was told it will only throw a code if its a sensor causing the problem. Im leaning towards a bad ECU at this point. Looking for a triangle to try as we speak. I have a good square ecu but dont know what happens if you match that with triangle injectors.

Racinstation. Thanks for the input, I will. What is the difference between the three symbols? Also, will 07, and 08, interchange? Thanks again. Jeff

Does it do it all the time ? or just a wide open throttle ?
My m7 just started do something just like this. But its only at WOT. It is like it pulses. Mine is a 06 M7 CPC 870 attitude box

my 06 m7 wont rev over 6800 at wot and sounds like it is hitting a rev limiter... took it to cat today they said my stator was done for. maybe try testing for that

Yep sounds pretty much like it. Only I cant get over 4800 rpm. Starts good, accelerates good to 4800, then limp mode. Sounds just like a rev limiter. Gonna ohm the stator tomorrow. Again, speedo, gauges, and headlight work fine. And no codes! Thanks guys. keep it coming.

Could be Stator

Some times when stators go out they come apart at higher RPMs but it usually will flutter up and down not hit a wall like you are describing does your servo motor open?

Not getting enough rpms to open I dont think, only 4800 rpm. arent they supposed to open around 6800? I did manually open the valves with it running. No change.

Check the mechanical reverse switch. Just had this happen on an 08 m8. The switch was reading open all the time and when he put the machine in reverse it went unto limp mode and stayed in limp mode. I repaired the switch and had to change the plugs due to fouling and it was back up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here are my ohm readings for the stator..... using the green/red tracer for common, I get a reading of 9.1 ohms from the brown/wht tracer, and a reading of 4.7 ohms from the black/red tracer. I think they are both supposed to be 8.8 - 13.2 ohms each. So am I safe to assume that I have a bad charge coil in the stator?

Yea I think I checked the fuse about 20 times. I always hope for something simple, but seems like never the case for me. Where did you get your stator from? $$ if you dont mind me asking?

Premium Features

Back