• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Fuel Pressure Help

J
Dec 1, 2013
Hi guys. I recently purchased a 2008 M1000 with 09 programming that has an aftermarket Y-pipe and can on it. I took it to the dealer and he suggested i ran an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in order to avoid detonation, as i ride from 2,000ft to 7,000ft in elevation.

I've installed a BDX pressure regulator with gauge, and am wondering what PSI i should be running? Or how i should figure out the correct PSI?

J
Dec 1, 2013
I've got it set at 46psi right now, and runs good around the farm. I will be taking it up the mountain tomorrow to see how she pulls up there. So i'm best to keep it as lean as i can? Thanks for the help.

HIDY

Premium Member
Sep 5, 2005
WASHINGTON
I ran mine at 38 psi for 3 years. I would consider a pcv or a boondocker box with a y pipe.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I ran mine at 38 psi for 3 years. I would consider a pcv or a boondocker box with a y pipe.

I know of a nice boondocker box if your interested. Just send me a PM. Might even have a set of Koso duel EGT's to go with it.

As for fuel pressure, IMO every sled is a bit different. I had an 07 with a BMP Y pipe, can and intake. I was told, by the dealer that set it up, to pin it and never look back, with a fuel pressure of 42. Burned it down after a few rides. I then went to EGT's and a boondocker box and was shocked as heck at the temps. The box fixed that. But every sled is different. And every year seamed to have different fuel mapping. (I think the 07 map was pretty hot)

Thunder

SledheadPaul

Premium Member
Like was said already every sled is different. I ran mine without EGTs for 2.5 seasons set at 42 PSI before I lean seized it on probably the highest pull I had that sled on. And I hammered the snot out of it for those 2.5 seasons, I just got lucky. Little history, purchased pre owned and it ran like poop when I got it on snow so had dealer at the time run through it and said it had too much fuel and installed regulator and set it at 44 but they said I could go as low as 38 which I never did but I did drop it to 42 and it always ran really good at both those PSI. They never suggested EGT. Well I have them now. Get the KOSO EGTS

Reactions: Arctic Thunder
A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Like was said already every sled is different. I ran mine without EGTs for 2.5 seasons set at 42 PSI before I lean seized it on probably the highest pull I had that sled on. And I hammered the snot out of it for those 2.5 seasons, I just got lucky. Little history, purchased pre owned and it ran like poop when I got it on snow so had dealer at the time run through it and said it had too much fuel and installed regulator and set it at 44 but they said I could go as low as 38 which I never did but I did drop it to 42 and it always ran really good at both those PSI. They never suggested EGT. Well I have them now. Get the KOSO EGTS

We must have the same dealer. Lol I think they sell parts and know how to get you to return for them one way or the other.

Thunder

J
Dec 1, 2013
Thanks for the replies guys. I had a great day on the mountain, and the sled ran pretty good. Pulled hard all the way up the hills at about 7500rpm. I did have an issue when i turned the sled off once and it back fired a bit. Also had to give it a bit of throttle to get it started one time as well.

I noticed that when i checked my fuel pressure on top at 7,000ft it only read 41psi, when i set it to 46psi at my house which is about 1,300ft in elevation. Not sure if I should adjust it according to the elevation or not?

I think i'm going to invest in some EGT's as well. I think id be better off spending a couple hundred dollars now, than thousands later on.

SledheadPaul

Premium Member
Thanks for the replies guys. I had a great day on the mountain, and the sled ran pretty good. Pulled hard all the way up the hills at about 7500rpm. I did have an issue when i turned the sled off once and it back fired a bit. Also had to give it a bit of throttle to get it started one time as well.

I noticed that when i checked my fuel pressure on top at 7,000ft it only read 41psi, when i set it to 46psi at my house which is about 1,300ft in elevation. Not sure if I should adjust it according to the elevation or not?

I think i'm going to invest in some EGT's as well. I think id be better off spending a couple hundred dollars now, than thousands later on.

Yes you will lose fuel pressure as you gain elevation. At 41 you may be ok?? You will only really know with EGTS. I learned that the hard way.. twice

Last edited:
Premium Features