• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel System Help

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Long story short my sons 2012 600 etec won't run. It starts, idles VERY slowly (as if running on a single cylinder), no gauge power, then dies after about 3-5 seconds. Occasionally, it will start up and gauge will power up and then it runs fine, with full power and everything until it's turned off.

I'm in the process of eliminating electrical and fuel problems. Can anyone tell me what this device is? It's in what I believe is the fuel return line. Fiche just call this a "hose assembly". I thought it was maybe just a return filter but I can't blow through it (at least not with it connected to the pump assembly like it is). Should I be able to blow through it? Is it some sort of back pressure regulator?

IMG_3336.jpg fiche.PNG

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
I was incorrect that this is the return line. This is the supply line between the fuel pump and where it enters the ECM. Still haven't figured out it's functionality.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
That is the fuel pressure regulator so that's why the big price.
Check the throttle lever free play to make sure there is a bit of slack at the throttle block when in idle position. It doesn't need much but there has to be some. If it is tight that might explain why it works sometimes and not other times. To adjust remove the lower air box to access the throttle bodies and adjust the throttle cable. You'll need two 10mm wrenches to do this.

Premium Features