• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for track recommendations

2008 Polaris dragon turbo 9 lbs boost. I am currently running a 151 2inch old style polaris track. I am planning to install a longer track and am wondering what people are running. I am considering installing a polaris 163 2.4 any thoughts. I ride in the mountains of bc. 25% trail 50% boondocking 25% climbing

I have a stock dragon with a camo extreme and love it. I have a turbo dragon running 9lbs of boost and it has a 163X2.4 and don't like it. it is very easy to over power the track on the roads. it likes to spin alot. I have a camo extreme I am putting on it this summer.

Arctic Cat Power Claw 153", 162" ... Jack Struthers, owner of Carl's Cycle, swears by these... especially on his turbo builds

Challenger Extreme 153, 155, 162/3, 172
The Challenger extreme comes in 4 different types original paddle 2.5" lug (many diff pitches), New style lug 2.5" (3" pitch) , 3" tall lug (162" and 174", 16"-wide only ..need to narrow it with a saw to fit), 2.25" lug Height.

The 2.25" lug height has a different durometer than the other Ch Extreme tracks.

It also depends on the type of snow you are riding. And the amount of weight you want on the back... some of these tracks have a 10+ lb difference in weight. :face-icon-small-sho

BC Mountains.... Which side? The lighter Stuff in Blue River/Revy or the heavy, low-alt stuff in Brandywine/Pemby??

25% trail... The Challenger Extreme 2.5" tracks will not hold up to high speeds, above say 35 mph (48kph) on the trails, regardless of scratchers

Some people, like F-Bomb, have been having good luck with trimming/screwing the stock 2.4" Series 5.1 tracks.

I've had the 90 Durometer Power Claw on my mod 900 with nitrous and had very good luck with it. Some complain of downhill braking, but with a more active riding syle, I've not noticed this....but if you are sitting down, simpley grabbing a handful of brake... this track has a disadvantage compared to the Ch Extreme.
I've also had great luck with the new 2.5" Ch extreme (this is a 3" pitch track, but I'm told will be avail in 2.86" this year).

Plus, in the IQ chassis, like your Dragon, the 3" pitch tracks give you the option to run 7 tooth drivers to pick up some much needed lug tip clearance you Don't have with the 2.5" on the stock 2.86 pitch drivers.

Also see these threads
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169975

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234027

Power Claw
attachment.php

Challenger Extreme
challenger_extreme_600x372.jpg

New Style Challenger Extreme
attachment.php

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back