• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for 1 or 2 to join our group in Alpine

I have a group of 3 guys going to Alpine Wyoming from (fly in on Sat Jan 17th) ride Sunday through Friday (6 days) and fly out on Sat Jan 24th. We are (obviously) flying and renting sleds. The house is only 1/4 mile from trail head. We are not insane boondockers, but we are on our 4th trip out West. We're pretty decent and we ride nothing but off trail, searching for powder, meadows, trees, and hills.
The cabin will sleep 6. We really want to keep the group to 4 or 5 tops. We just had a guy cancel and are trying to fill his spot. If we get just one more your portion of the house would be $463 for 7 nights. If we get 2 more guys it will drop to $371 per. -The house is rented and paid for and the 3 of us have purchased our plane tickets...so we are ALL IN no matter what.
We would prefer you have some western riding experience, and all the minimum safety stuff (beacon, probe, shovel) and know how to use it. We are all in our 40's age wise. We are easy going mature fellows, no drama, super easy to get along with, just guys who love to ride (and we have all been riding a long time). I thought maybe there might be someone out there who would like to go out West but has no one to go with, here is your opportunity.
My name is Peter by the way. We are from Northern IL. It doesn't matter where you are from; IL, WI, MI, IA, MN - come join us if you can!
Also, FYI, if we come to an agreement with anyone who wants to go, I will ask you to send me a 'good faith' deposit on the cabin payment to secure your spot.
Post away with any questions if you have them.
Thank you!
Here is the house we are staying at btw- (it's pretty sweet) www.vrbo.com/451447

Hey Peter, I am from Northern Illinois, and go out there all the time, I should be bout there around the same time, Maybe we could meet up, I could show you the good stuff, my good friend lives there so I head out as much as possible. PM me when you get out there. There is a ton of awesome hidden stuff that you really have to know where your going to find it. Every time we go with a new group they can't believe the place, best little secret out there.

Have some ?'s if you don't mind. Where ya flyin out of and cost? Also whats the sled rental cost? You guys make a trip to the grocery store or places to eat out? Thanks

We're flying out of O'hare - tickets were $500.00 (they could get cheaper up to 2 weeks before depart date...but that's a gamble) all sleds are all 800 mountain 2015 RMK, Cats, or Doo Summits - $175 per day. (I reserved 5 rmks. I wii have to release 2 of them if we don't get anyone else committed by Dec 17th. We will go shopping when we Get there for groceries. We may eat a few dinners out. But I woul say simple breakfast every morning at the house, power bars while out riding, and dinner not sure. We will also rent a car for the week. To get from airport to cabin. But that will be cheap when split between 3 or 4 guys. I figure all expenses - sled, fuel, airfare, food, cabin, rentacar - $2200 give or take- that's 6 glorious days of riding:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features

Back