• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lolo Pass got a Dump

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Thanks for the great day mod03 and rcditchpickle.

Not all was perfect out of the gate but close enough to peg the fun meter in 24" - 30" of fresh snow. Early snow conditions this year at Lolo are some of the best that I've seen in quite a few years.

WingNut - Saddle up and ride it like a rental. Thats what I do. Have fun tomorrow. The kids will have a blast.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
WingNut - Not sure If I'm riding tomorrow. Also invited to go to Skalkaho. I'll have to see if I can move in the morning. The snow is great. I found myself more than once saying "I need to take five" and as soon as it's said I'm starting my sled back up.

wldfyr - Looks like more sleds leaving from the Hot Springs than the top of the pass. The lot was full and snow looked good. Not sure if the East Fork is plowed for logging but if so that might be mostly ice with a little snow.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
I haven't been to the Skalk in a coon's age, it oughta be good over that way with this much snow.. Used to ride up there back in my younger days, good riding as I remember...I'll try to get some pics of tom.

Got any pics of the hood, or is it done??

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
WingNut - Sorry no pics. Now that the sled is back in one piece I will work on the hood. I would like to get it to the paint shop shop asap.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
westmont, thats the way to break a motor in!!
great snow today, one of the best days i have had.
hopefully a little wind will fill in all the turnout-sidehill trenches left everywhere.
planning on a monday ride, trying to talk my dad into going or maybe sami.
now if i could only find an extra sled?;) more snow suppose to be heading this way.
whoo-hoo lets here it from the single pipe guys!

wingnut, watch the hifaxes on the trail in the morning hours.
pretty packed down and getting cold when we left.
granite got pretty pounded watch the trenchs, they deep where westmont went!!!

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
mod03 - I have this breaking in a motor thing down to an art. WOT... haha I have the 700 in the trailer. Use it. It's ready to go just looks rough and that motor has been properly broke in also. Again thanks for the good day.

Premium Features