• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

limiter adjuster expert

C
Mar 5, 2018
For my riding the limiter strap is as long as possible and the limiter adjustment in the "LONG" position, rarely ever use the "SHORT" setting. One of my riding buddies fiddles with the limiter every time he goes from the trail to off-trail, guess he notices a difference, but really a wasted feature in my opinion.
I think it depends on how you have some of the other parts of the suspension set up. For example, if you are running a relatively stiff amount of rear track shock compression/ rear spring preload/ ski shock spring preload, you probably have pretty good on-trail steering manners with the limiter out. I find that the sled has very little ski pressure with the limiter out + my other shock settings, and so it is sometimes nice to pull the limiter down for trail stretches so the sled doesn't just push through every corner. Most of the time I just leave it though because I'm lazy.

Only other time I like it is when I am pulling a steep techy climb and don't want things to get squirrely. Track length probably matters too- if I had a 163 instead of a 154 I would probably leave it long and never touch it.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Agree that track length is probably the reason I don't appreciate the adjustable limiter strap feature as I am riding a 165".

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i ride a 165 and put limiter adjusters on my 20 and 22 freerides and have ordered it for my 23 freeride. it's not a night and day diff but it's most definitely noticeable. the 23's have even more range.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
With the limiter strap out I have noticed more of a trenching problem in certain conditions, but if you stop before you dig to China and suck the adjustable strap in to the short position, you can usually walk it right out of a hole without getting stuck

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
With the limiter strap out I have noticed more of a trenching problem in certain conditions, but if you stop before you dig to China and suck the adjustable strap in to the short position, you can usually walk it right out of a hole without getting stuck

Supposedly a longer limiter is better for sidehilling, but I also find the Summits trench less with the limiter shorter. It creates a better attack angle.

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
i ride a 165 and put limiter adjusters on my 20 and 22 freerides and have ordered it for my 23 freeride. it's not a night and day diff but it's most definitely noticeable. the 23's have even more range.
Is it hard to add it? is it an entire kit?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Late to the game here, but on my 22 154 Expert I had to let the “normal” limiter out a hole to allow the factory adjustable limiter to have any effect. In the factory setting the adjustable limiter could not reach the longer setting before the other strap was tight. Letting the normal limiter out allows the quick adjust to actually work.

Premium Features