• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

limiter adjuster expert

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
905eac8a23733f378403e2399ec328b0.jpg

This is what I accidentally did for a season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
If you are trying to go back to short, you should drive on a hump or 4x4 to compress the front shock system.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Tieton,Wash
If you are trying to go back to short, you should drive on a hump or 4x4 to compress the front shock system.
thats what I was thinking and stuck the rear roller under track but she doesnt seem to want to go. guess i need to find a 4x4
how does that work when out riding or do most people just leave it long
Thanks

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
when out riding and you go from long to short, it makes the adjustment as soon as the suspension is compressed.
In your pic the handle is not completely rotated clockwise enough to the long position.
when in whichever position you rotate it to, the lever ends up being in front of the words “long” or “short”.

Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
Tieton,Wash
when out riding and you go from long to short, it makes the adjustment as soon as the suspension is compressed.
In your pic the handle is not completely rotated clockwise enough to the long position.
when in whichever position you rotate it to, the lever ends up being in front of the words “long” or “short”.
well then I think I was trying to rotate wrong direction
Thanks

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Yes the running board is in the way to get to full long position,
But the lever is made flexible to get by running board.
Honestly where it’s set in the picture makes a bowtie and re-entry near impossible, so I hope full long will give me more ski lift

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
To go from short to long - pull the lever towards you and turn the lever clockwise
To go from long to short - pull the lever towards you and turn the lever counter clockwise

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Yep , but I hadn’t rotated it past the running board so I guess it wasn’t actually in the long position
Look in your manual for how to set up both limiter straps. My girlfriend's expert seemed extremely planted with the adjustable strap in "long." I played with suspension setup for a long time, then someone mentioned there was a second, longer hole in the adjustable strap. I had to take the bolt and washer off to see it, but switching to that helped a ton.

Basically the way it comes from the factory, in the "long" position it is equivalent to having the front strap in the 3rd hole, then "short" brings it to the 5th hole. By moving the bolt to the longer hole, it is the same as hole 2 in "long" and hole 4 in "short." Of course, you also have to have the front strap set on 2 so it's loose enough to utilize the extra length in the adjustable strap.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
also increasing preload on the center shock lightens the skis.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Long position and longest bolt hole on adjustable strap. Second hole on fixed strap makes for a fun ride. Both my 2022 had the fixed strap set wrong from factory at 4. So going to the long position set from factory didn’t actually go full long to setting 3 as the manual described.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Yes the running board is in the way to get to full long position,
But the lever is made flexible to get by running board.
Honestly where it’s set in the picture makes a bowtie and re-entry near impossible, so I hope full long will give me more ski lift

Is it supposed to be pulled out and moved on the other side of the running board piece?

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
For my riding the limiter strap is as long as possible and the limiter adjustment in the "LONG" position, rarely ever use the "SHORT" setting. One of my riding buddies fiddles with the limiter every time he goes from the trail to off-trail, guess he notices a difference, but really a wasted feature in my opinion.

Premium Features