• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lesnar vs Carwin on Nov 21st

C
Dec 13, 2004
Minnesota
I think Carwin has a chance to give Brock a test since he comes from a wrestling background as well. I still think Brock's size will be too much to handle.

By the way, what did Brock have surgery on? I didn't hear about him being injured :confused:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/lesnar-carwin-to-headline-ufc-106-19217

UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar will meet Shane Carwin in his second title defense at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Sherdog.com has confirmed the news through several sources with knowledge of the agreement. MMAMadness.com was the first to report on the card shift that will see Carwin move from a scheduled bout against Cain Velasquez at UFC 104.

Carwin has not answered calls for comment, but posted a message on his official Web Site Wednesday night.

“I can't confirm or deny anything. I can just tell you guys that I am training harder then ever and your support and loyalty will carry me through any fight they send my way,” he wrote.

Scheduling problems led to the dissolution of the previously agreed to Carwin-Velasquez matchup, according to a UFC source speaking anonymously because they were not authorized speak.

Lesnar, the company’s top pay-per-view draw, had minor surgery after defeating Frank Mir in July, creating uncertainty as to when he would be available to fight again.

His quick recovery allowed the promotion to bring him back in November, but with all of the top heavyweights already scheduled to fight, it was necessary to break up one of those bouts.

Carwin became a buzzworthy suitor for the champion following swift first-round technical knockouts over Neil Wain at UFC 89 and Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96. Carwin, a 1999 NCAA Div. II wrestling champion, battled back from an early knockdown from the Brazilian to finish Gonzaga with his heavy hands.

Lesnar, 32, unified the heavyweight title and avenged his only loss with a second-round drubbing of former interim champion Frank Mir at UFC 100 last July. Lesnar, a 2000 NCAA Div. I heavyweight champion, won the title against perennial competitor Randy Couture by second-round TKO at UFC 91 last November. It was the former World Wrestling Entertainment star’s fourth professional bout.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
who the hell is Carwin???? Lesnar will kick his *** no doubt about it, right now he is the most dominating fighter in the UFC. plus he grew up 40 miles away from me so that just makes him tough as hell haha jk.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
This will be a BIG test for Brock. Any size advantage that Brock used before is minimalized against Carwin. Brock is 6'3" 265 at fighting weight, I would guess he probably walks around 10-15 lbs. heavier. Carwin is 6'3" 262 at fighting weight, probably walking around 10-15 lbs. heavier as well. Carwin's wrestling is probably not quite on the same level as Brock's. But he still is no slouch being a former NCAA division 2 national champion. I've read that Carwin's Ju Jitsu game is pretty strong, too. None of Carwin's fights have even gone past the first half of the first round. Not to mention he's 11-0.

I'm not saying he'll beat Lesnar (his athleticism for being as big as he is is nothing short of incredible and he only seems to be getting better), but it WILL be his biggest challenge to date (including Couture).

19439.jpg

vs.

brock.jpg

Last edited:

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
wow, i guess he is good, i havent even heard of him on the ufc game for x box or on tv until now for some reason. I think i heard somewhere that brock walks around at about 25 lbs heavier than his fighting weight. This is definetly not to uncommon for his size since some of my friend that wrestle in high school walk around at about 180 and have to cut to 160 in a week.

B

buck50

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Cochrane, Alberta
wow, i guess he is good, i havent even heard of him on the ufc game for x box or on tv until now for some reason. I think i heard somewhere that brock walks around at about 25 lbs heavier than his fighting weight. This is definetly not to uncommon for his size since some of my friend that wrestle in high school walk around at about 180 and have to cut to 160 in a week.
pretty sure i heard that lesnar walks around at about 295 ish as well! he has to cut that much to make the max limit in the UFC. by fight time he's easily back to 275-280!!

Premium Features