• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lassen/Bogard/Swain/Fredonyer/Chester areas

N

nocandoo

Dec 11, 2007
grooming????????

does anyone know when grooming starts up at swain and fredonyer areas?

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
ASHPAN/Latour

Storm totals from Friday noon till tonight @ 7:00pm staging area @ 5500 feet 12-18" upper system from 5800-6900 got whomped with bout 3 feet , 5-6 ' total ,pretty much go everywhere backcountry now few spots got blown off but for the most part good to go , took some stuck pics but to poped to post spent 45 hours in the groomer this weekend so THINK SNOW !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
M
Nov 27, 2007
Bend, OR
Any Butte Meadows reports? Mooseknuckle - you there? I see Buck's Lake has about
52" from the last 3 days. Anyone have info on the Four Trees staging area???

Mike

Should have been in the Butte Meadows/Jonesville thread.

Last edited:

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Ashpan/Lassen has been pounded pretty hard in the last 10 days, we have bout 4' @ the staging area and 8-11' up top!! Pretty awsome ridin right now!! More coming tonight and Saturday, bout the most snow I have seen @ the staging area in at least 12 years !!! Bring it on!!!!!::D:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
Uh hello,

Is anybody there? I have it on good authority that the conditions in the West Almanor area area "Wyoming like". Is there any truth to this rumor?:)

Look out, I got a 40 degree here at the ranch with a 10-20mph wind. Radar has a band starting to build just to the west of me. Its lookin like its gonna get you suckas.

Careful out there, maybe see some of you tomorrow, if I can get to J-Ville then get over the top.
SJG

J
Feb 2, 2008
Me and my dad went riding up at chester today out towards swain and left the parking lot at about noon. There were 2 others up there that we saw but they werent up there long. Had to have been atleast 2 and a half feet of powder that was just dry as can be.

We saw a decent size group that looked like they were headed out from the chester shop.

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Ashpan got pounded again another 18-24" Out of this last Fri/Sat storm. Snorkels are the norm and AVYS are a possibilty In a few areas ... 4-6' at the staging area 11-14' in the upper system!!!!!!:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:D

Premium Features