• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim

B
Mar 5, 2008
BC
I've been riding with the helium 30 jacket from Ski-Doo the last year and a half, and I think it's great. They just don't have the market as Klim. If you guys have not tried the new Doo stuff, I would suggest you look into it on your next purchase. I'm not trying to take anything away from Klim, I am still wearing their bibs, and boots. I got in on a super sweet deal from Doo last year, where they sent a jacket for free if I sent back in a survey. DUH,,, Yes I'll wear it. It looks thin and cold, but the darn thing works great. I'm thinking hard about buying a new pair of pants with the coupon I got with the new sled.

Klim makes some great gear, and does stand behind the warranty. No question about that.

Yella'

I switched over to the new Helium 50 last year and gave my Nephew my Klim gear....I want my Klim gear back!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Mountain addiction is the only snowmobile clothing manufacture that I know of that is made in the USA. Made by snowmobilers for snowmobilers. Last year They purchased all new high dollar equipment just to make the gear. Made in Yakima Washington at the old sears tent and awning. Which I think is called Yakima tent and awning now.

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
Mountain addiction is the only snowmobile clothing manufacture that I know of that is made in the USA. Made by snowmobilers for snowmobilers. Last year They purchased all new high dollar equipment just to make the gear. Made in Yakima Washington at the old sears tent and awning. Which I think is called Yakima tent and awning now.

That's good to know. I wasn't aware of that.

E

Einar74

Oct 20, 2009
Iceland
Mountain addiction is the only snowmobile clothing manufacture that I know of that is made in the USA. Made by snowmobilers for snowmobilers.

It´s available in every color, as long as it´s black:smile:

All jokes aside. I personally like to have some color in my gear. something that is bright and makes you visible in the backcountry. I think that mountain specific gear is to plain looking, in other words to black.

I am going to buy some new gear for this season and I am lening towards Klim powerxross pullover in orange. I have been wearing for many years, for the most part an old Arctic cat( I ride cats) snocross pullover.

I have the Motofist stomper boots and they are great.But as much as I would like to try there stuff, I just think there color combo is very uninteresting.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I've got klim gear from the shoulders down and I've also got the motorfist pullover jacket and a pair of motorfist gloves. By the sounds of some of you, I must be a real douch for wearing my Klim jacket, bibs, boots and gloves all at the same time on the same day. Apparently sledding and schoolyard fashion gossip go hand in hand for you. Funny thing about that "douch bag klim fashion show" I'm supposedly putting on is that I am completely dry at the end of the day. I ride very hard and have tried the "cool and different" snowboard brand name stuff from sport check all the way to sled manufacture clothing. Motorfist and klim are by far, leaps and bounds, better than any sled clothing manufactured by ANY snowmobile manufacture or ski/snowboard brand. If "unique" and "different" are the most important requirements in your back country personal protective equipment choices, you should give your head a shake. I'd love to spend a night on the mountain with you in your sweat soaked gear while I'm dry and cozy. You would definitely look cool.....and be cool, double whammy! Congrats! Lemme guess, you are the same guys with the cool sled wraps with neon colors everywhere too.......just to be unique lol. Or bashing through the trees in your ski/snowboard gear and come out at the end of the day just shredded and torn. Seen it happen too many times to friends who were saying the exact same thing. They wear klim and motorfist now. Why? Because it works and is built to take the punishment they subject it too. Then again maybe you are the guys who like to make your way to an open area with a couple slopes, take a poke or two, drink beer, BS and go home at the end of the day without breaking a sweat. In this case any gear will suit you and you might just assume that it is fantastic gear and will work for everyone who rides a sled.

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I like to be dry and comfortable and until motorfist came out klim was the standard. You can try hmk and fxr but unless its gore tex or event it's going to get you wet and I don't like spending my whole night drying stuff out for the next day. Everyone I knew had full klim and if they didnt have a full klim they did the next year. Now it's a mixture of motorfist and klim. Coming from the Moto world mixing brands is lame to me fox jersey, Thor boots, oneal pants, stupid.

Reactions: ciggs_steve

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA
I switched over to the new Helium 50 last year and gave my Nephew my Klim gear....I want my Klim gear back!

Sorry about that,,, for what reason?
I've been dry and plenty warm unless just setting in the lot. If you are an active rider the Doo stuff seems to me to be great.

???

Premium Features