• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kenai Crazys remind me why I like to ride with them so much...

B
Apr 12, 2009
attachment.php

Love this pic. Insane

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Love this pic. Insane

That is just the way Kenai guys check their track tension "buddy style". One guy rips up something steep enough to stick it sideways in the trees, the other one climbs up (hand & foot) for 20 minutes to check it out, just to say "Yep, its tight". Then they switch and the next one does it. Buy the end of the day there has been dozens of inspections just to make sure things are right.....:rolleyes:

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
Now that I look at that picture again, it seems there is a re-occurring theme. (Sled hanging by a tree on a ridiculously steep slope) Here is a picture of Doug from last weekend.

attachment.php

attachment.php

P1040519.jpg P1040529.JPG

Last edited:
D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
That is just the way Kenai guys check their track tension "buddy style". One guy rips up something steep enough to stick it sideways in the trees, the other one climbs up (hand & foot) for 20 minutes to check it out, just to say "Yep, its tight". Then they switch and the next one does it. Buy the end of the day there has been dozens of inspections just to make sure things are right.....:rolleyes:

The old "I didn't make it because my track was ratcheting trick" hugh?

I watched Doug get stuck so high up that he had to get himself un-stuck. No body else could get up to him.. or wanted to ;)

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
That is just the way Kenai guys check their track tension "buddy style". One guy rips up something steep enough to stick it sideways in the trees, the other one climbs up (hand & foot) for 20 minutes to check it out, just to say "Yep, its tight". Then they switch and the next one does it. Buy the end of the day there has been dozens of inspections just to make sure things are right.....

LOL, here are two of his buddies "Checking his track tension". They are about half way up at this point.

attachment.php

P1040536.jpg

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I just tell it the way I see it;)

Tim, to bad your trip to A-Man wasn't the best. Me, Doug, Johnny and Brian had an epic ride on deep.....Ash at Hatchers Friday:rolleyes:

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
No worries Robert. Arcticman was still very entertaining, just in a nonriding kind of way. I will say this, Those turbo 4strokes are insane when they can just point them straight up and turn them loose! Don't think they would like to ride with us though :D. That's ok, I have no desire to play the way those guys play either...

T
I forgot about those pictures Brook. I need to start riding with my eyes open. I'm glad John didn't ride that day, there would have been carnage of some kind that day for sure. Hope to see some of you folks at the hillclimbs this year. Spring riding ought to be good this year I hope.

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
Now that I look at that picture again, it seems there is a re-occurring theme. (Sled hanging by a tree on a ridiculously steep slope) Here is a picture of Doug from last weekend.

Re-occurring theme? I'd say. Here's Doug up at Eureka last Feb. Ha Ha. Doug I know your a good sport, it's all in good fun.
Picture doesn't show how steep the hill was.

EurekaJan24043.jpg

Aksnowrider coming up to help out

EurekaJan24045.jpg

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
sure doug...lol....blame it all on the track...but you are right..the track does good in powder sucks in everything else compared to the xtreme....by the way..next time we ride I need my track tension checked...thanks...

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Hey Doug... Good Luck on the climb this weekend! Tear it up :D Oh, and remember to stop at the top.. BWA HA HA HA HA

Premium Features