• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ken baker from the Old Corral in centennial wy

Old Corral Changes

I thought I would add my blessing to the changes happening at the Old Corral. I stayed there last weekend. I was hoping to meet Mike again, have not seen him for years, but he had gone home for a few weeks. Talking with the new manager, he told me that they are planning on applying for a liquor licence soon but will take a while to work through the county but will definetly have it for next year. I was a little peeved about the hot tub not working. "again" but after looking in the bottom of it I can see why they has shut it down. Brian told me that they are going to build a nice stone one this summer and double the size. The Gates family from Winter Creek is managing it. The rooms were immaculate, but the flea market is still in the gift shop, and they served an all you can eat bacon, egg, and pancake breakfast for 7.95 with coffee. The big screen in the back room is a huge plus as was the free pool tables and movie rooms being open all night. One of the guys in our group had to keep going outside for his nicotene fix because apparently there are only 2 smoking rooms in the entire hotel. Overall, We had a great time and looking forward to getting back hopefully this weekend to enjoy the 3 feet of new powder. YAHOO!!

Thank you Bakers. We always enjoyed staying with you.

Yeah I agree... But since she opened this door up I will comment its way to much money for that place when Cains place is cheaper and twice the place. BTW, doesnt Linda own this from the trading post? I dont think thats ever been answered..and we all know how she feels about sledders.

Cain's "cabin" (huge house) is very nice and very well priced.

Linda and crew at the Trading Post have always been exceptionally hospitable to us. I don't know what b.s. you've been fed, but the food/drinks/service are great. And, unlike the Bear Tree, minors don't force the gang into the cafe, we can all eat together at the Trading Post.

Best of luck Mike! Thank you for your service in the Guard & I expect to see you at the Old Corral.

Last edited:
Really? Did you find it appropriate to advertise your add in another lodging's thread?

Since people were talking about not staying at the old corral, I thought I would give them an option. I am not trying to compete with the Old Corral, cuz I want people to stay here too! I work there! It's not competition, just giving people choices to get them to stay up here instead of in Laramie. Jeez!

Yeah I agree... But since she opened this door up I will comment its way to much money for that place when Cains place is cheaper and twice the place. BTW, doesnt Linda own this from the trading post? I dont think thats ever been answered..and we all know how she feels about sledders.

Nope, Linda from the trading post does not own this cabin, and if you think the place is too expensive, then you don't have to stay there. I haven't had any complaints from my guests yet, in fact, just the opposite. Jeez, what a bunch of haters. Think snow.

Hello everyone!!
Im Rayden Gates I work here at the old corral.. me mike brent and mira have been doing a breakfast here at the old corral! we have all you can eat pancakes eggs and bacon with hashbrowns and we are featuring a old corral secret recipe called cinnarmel syrup! it tastes great and i hope all you guys out there will come give us a try! we hope to get the restraunt open soon for dinner and lunch! so come on in, the snow is great!

Mike we miss you here in centennial! when you were running the SML that was the best food/lodge around! I loved it there!
I will deffinetly be going to the old corral more now that i know you are running it! ken and linda were just dang lazy and when i got waited on by the kid with all the tattoos (i think his name was jeremy) he SUCKED!! I hated it and i told myself i would never return!! im happy that you are the new manager and i will be coming soon!!:)

Dont be so harsh!! ken and linda are not lazy! they were prob busy with some random problem in the hotel... I work there and there is nothing wrong with ken linda or jeremy!! they were my boss for almost a year and they were great! i hope they are doing good!

bakers were great dont be harsh on them!
Snows great get out here and snowmobile!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features

Back