• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ken baker from the Old Corral in centennial wy

Hi y'all, well this is really sad time for us, the Old Corral was sold, and linda and i are no longer managing the old corral.

Both Linda and I would like to personaly thank each and every one of you for coming to the old corral these past couple of years. we have made alot of great friends and some of you even treat us better than our own family!

This time has been a challange to us all, but i hope you all have enjoyed your time and meals (especially our prime rib) with us. as we begin to look for new work areas we would like for you to keep us in mind, for sometime in the future you might see a blog or a note inviting one and all to a new resturant and great resturant food and service as you enjoyed here at the corral!

again thankyou,

Ken and Linda Baker

That is terrible news, good luck to you. On a more selfish note...

NO MORE PRIME RIB??? AAARGH!

That really burst my bubble, we are staying there the last weekend of Jan and I was reeeeaaallllyyyy looking forward to that, was talking it up to the new guy we are bringin this year too. RATS!

Thanks for all your guys hard work

Can you elaborate on the new owners Ken? or are there backgrounds similar to the sellers? So does this mean the SML has new owners now too?

Anyway best of luck to you both.

Tim

Wow, going to miss you two, always treated us like family, will you still be there on Friday? Hope to see ya then, Loren

sad to hear, you guys did a great job and we were looking forward to coming back to give you guys our business again

Ken, Please give me a call @THUNDER MOUNTAIN LODGE 970-856-6240, I may have just what you and Linda are looking for.

Hi y'all, well this is really sad time for us, the Old Corral was sold, and linda and i are no longer managing the old corral.

Both Linda and I would like to personaly thank each and every one of you for coming to the old corral these past couple of years. we have made alot of great friends and some of you even treat us better than our own family!

This time has been a challange to us all, but i hope you all have enjoyed your time and meals (especially our prime rib) with us. as we begin to look for new work areas we would like for you to keep us in mind, for sometime in the future you might see a blog or a note inviting one and all to a new resturant and great resturant food and service as you enjoyed here at the corral!

again thankyou,

Ken and Linda Baker

WOW. that sux. Ken can you give us more details, are the new owners sledder friendly, etc.

just talked to the new owner-mgr. he sounds like a real good guy. I won't say too much, hopefully he will chime in, but the prime rib may not be gone yet.

Last edited:
Thanks Ken & Linda,

You always treated me well. The time when I got there at 3:00 AM after driving 1000 miles through a snow storm and you had left a room open for me to catch a couple hours sleep so I could get up on the mountain in the morning. Then didn't charge me for that day. That was one of many trips to the Snowies at the Old Corral.

MH

called up there to day to check on a room for 1 night the new owners require a two night minium now!!!!!!!!!!

Ken & Linda were very forgiving on cancelations and such, this helped bring in way more people than the previous manager. Snowmobiling is very dependent on the weather, hopefully the new owner understands this, or more people will stay in Laramie

Ken & Linda were very forgiving on cancelations and such, this helped bring in way more people than the previous manager. Snowmobiling is very dependent on the weather, hopefully the new owner understands this, or more people will stay in Laramie

absalouty not a very good way to start out as new owners i guess u live and learn

New Owners

Hey Folks,
I thought I would introduce myself from the Old Corral. My name is Mike and I am the new proprietor of the Old Corral. I appreciate the support that you have given the the place in the past and hope to be able to continue to give sledders and others outstanding support in the future. Obviously the number one mission in buying the place is to not lose money so that I can be here next year. I have been in this business before as I was the original owner of the Snowy Mountain Lodge from 1993 to 2000. I know what sledders need and want and I hope to accomodate that. We used to have some good times up there before I was forced to sell it because I was deployed overseas with the guard. So I ask for you patience to bear with me while I make the changes neccessary in order to turn the place around as I do not have the bottomless pockets. I am trying to get the hot tub fixed which has not been working for months, and I have opened up the lodge to all night pool and movies. I have also installed a big screen in the back room to watch the olympics and other sporting events. I still do not have a liquor license but you are welcome to go next door to the package store and then bring it over and have a pizza delivered. I don't care. I just want you to enjoy your stay and I will promise you the cleanest rooms and the best hospitality in town. As someone stated earlier, during the peak season I cannot take a one night reservation on a weekend. The rooms are booked by guys that are staying 3 to 4 nights which makes it easier on house keeping and the rest of the staff. I am happy to book a single night during the week.
Thanks again for your support and I hope to meet you all soon.
Thanks,
Mike

Sadly missed

WHAT!:mad: I was just there 2 weeks ago.
Ken and Linda, you and the staff there were the BEST! Why would I have to order pizza Mike?
The hot tub was working fine we all sat in it after the ride up on the hill. I always looked forward to my stay at the corral and I hope that the family atmosphere will be there when(if) I return. Life is short and it's not all about money. It's about friends and family and enjoying good times together!

I think Mike will do a fine job, lets give him a chance to get his feet on the ground and show us what he has to offer. Ken also did a great job with the corral good luck and hopefully things work out for you and Linda.

Mike, how dare you thinking you are going to come here and actually make a profit. You should operate at a loss just to keep us happy! You must be evil!! Good luck Mike, it's not like it used to be.

WHAT!:mad: I was just there 2 weeks ago.
Ken and Linda, you and the staff there were the BEST! Why would I have to order pizza Mike?
The hot tub was working fine we all sat in it after the ride up on the hill. I always looked forward to my stay at the corral and I hope that the family atmosphere will be there when(if) I return. Life is short and it's not all about money. It's about friends and family and enjoying good times together!

Running a business sure is about the money. No profit no business. Hopefully Mike can provide a good service and make money so he will be around in the years to come.

Mike did a great job when he was running SML, ever since he left to pursue his duties with the guard the place in my mind took a downward turn to where it has ended up today. He definantly knows what we want and I'm sure he will provide us with it with in his means.
Welcome back to the mtn, now you just need to move about 8miles west to really take care of us. :D

Hey, we have a great cabin right across the street from the Old Corral, and we can sleep 6 (comfortably, with all the fixin's!) Phone, sattelite, full kithchen, washer/ dryer, high-speed internet, and within crawling distance of all the hot-spots in Centennial. $200 night/ weekdays, $285/night Friday and Saturday Night. Call to book, and we take ALL major credit cards, (yes...even American Express!!) 307-760-5607. Daily maid service available, and personal chef upon request! Bonus question: WHO DO YOU THINK COOKS THE PRIME RIB IN THESE HERE PARTS?????

Premium Features

Back