• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

It's alive!

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
looks good, sounds a little more toned down than I expected. How loud is it compared to a reg 2 stroke with pipes? It seems like the turbo makes the idle a little softer. I bet it will SCREAM when on the boost though...

I cant wait to see it run!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
just a suggestion..but you might want to cut that pipe off even with the body(or make a nice heat sheild)....that thing will burn the crap out of you if your not real careful....

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
The turbo acts as kind of a muffler just like in a car. It takes away the ting-ting-tinb of a 2 stroke. I havent made the final cut on the exhaust I am going to slash cut it and make a shield for it coming off the belly pan. The amount of pressure and heat coming out the exhaust I think is going to blow the snow right away so I'm not too worried but like I said I will be making a flap for it.

D
Feb 28, 2007
Palmer,AK
The only problem I've had with the side exit is doing a really hard right carve in heavy snow it cut out on me once. If you put a small deflector or something in front of it that should help though. The two stroke turbo's don't really build alot of heat though compared to a turboed four stroke. My side panel doesn't get hot at all with the exhaust going through it.

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
Awesome Sled! Good job! We bought an 08 600 race sled this year that my son is so excited to ride he can hardly stand it! I took it for a rip across the lawn and almost wheelied it over backwards! very impressive!

I would be very interested in how heavy of wieghts you will be flinging with that boosted engine! 90 grams? Intense!

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
/I don't know exactly how much weigh I will sling I am going to start at 70 grams I am sure it wont be enough and go from there..

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Rode pville today, holy hell this sled rips. I am only at 8 psi and it is rediculous. I shredded the slipper gear in my chaincase, I dont think they can handle that kind of power. So I'll be replacing some stuff down there and I will be up and running this weekend, pville again...btw 78 grams of clutch weight pulls just right with this so-so tune on 8 psi. So I think at 12-14 psi I will probably pull around 84. I would have taken some video but I blew the gear up before I could get anywhere close to the hills. So you guys out there this weekend!

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Niiiiiiiccccccceeeee.

any video?

what are you planning for gears now?

How is the throttle response?

sorry Chad for all the q's, but I just gotta know

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Niiiiiiiccccccceeeee.

any video?

what are you planning for gears now?

How is the throttle response?

sorry Chad for all the q's, but I just gotta know

I didn't get any video before I blew the gear up haha, I was too busy doing passes and trying to tune it. The throttle response I of course less than before the turbo by a little, but I am sure it will get more crisp as I get it dialed in. Besides once it spools up you kind of forget about the second it took to get there! I am going to be gearing for about 85-90 mph, I need to find a gearing chart and order gears tomorrow.

Premium Features