• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park Riding Conditions 2017/18

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Guess I'll get this started, been getting a lot of PM's asking about conditions up here. Pretty lean up here currently, however, the forecast is promising for the rest of the week. hopefully enough to get out on some Forest service roads and get some break in miles anyways. Black bear's up around 24" and Sawtell's around a foot. Yeah, I know I'm missing the thermometer, trying to find one that I can read from my window that actually reads the proper temp.... I'll keep this topic up to date throughout the season, as conditions warrant Think Snow!!

IMG_0304.jpg

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Wow, that sucked, woke up this morning at 5:30 with rain banging off my roof, and it rained.. and rained... and rained some more. Today was a real train wreck, action news promised this was gonna be our 1st real dump.... yeah, no, not so much

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Wow, that sucked, woke up this morning at 5:30 with rain banging off my roof, and it rained.. and rained... and rained some more. Today was a real train wreck, action news promised this was gonna be our 1st real dump.... yeah, no, not so much
Not the first time they lied.
Won't be the last time either!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, computer models... garbage in, garbage out. Looks like we may have a slow start here, hate the thought of living in I.P. and having to trailer my sled :face-icon-small-sho

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yeah, computer models... garbage in, garbage out. Looks like we may have a slow start here, hate the thought of living in I.P. and having to trailer my sled :face-icon-small-sho

But we get this rain every year. Hate it every time, but it happens every year

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Went up Fish Creek Rd to get some break in miles today. They cut a lot of trees along the side of the road and piled slash all the way up,some of the slash piles have some pretty big stumps and logs in them, when the snow gets deeper folks are gonna be busting parts and maybe a few bones if they dont pay attention... other than that and a dead Poo in the middle of the trail, snow conditions are pretty lean. Enough to keep the sled cool, but not enough to hide the hazards...

IMG_0323.jpg IMG_0321.jpg

S
Nov 7, 2015
Rigby, Idaho
Went up Fish Creek Rd to get some break in miles today. They cut a lot of trees along the side of the road and piled slash all the way up,some of the slash piles have some pretty big stumps and logs in them, when the snow gets deeper folks are gonna be busting parts and maybe a few bones if they dont pay attention... other than that and a dead Poo in the middle of the trail, snow conditions are pretty lean. Enough to keep the sled cool, but not enough to hide the hazards...

Funny this pro was in my group, turns out the kid who sold and previously raced the sled had modified the TSS and it was shutting down the sled. He was able to ride her out no problem

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, I tried to round him up, hopefully he rode out with a buddy... he was ten miles from nowhere, long walk. Nice looking sled, was gone the next day....

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
That was yesterday's dump (2-3") snow stopped here around 4PM. On the bright side, it didn't rain.. Not exactly what the chamber of commerce wants to see, considering it's supposed to dry out over the next couple of weeks, and Xmas season is coming fast :yuck:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I see both carrot basin and blackbear are up around 45”. Is there not enough to access those areas?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I see both carrot basin and blackbear are up around 45”. Is there not enough to access those areas?

[SIZE=-1]Black Bear, MT[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1][Graph][/SIZE]:
Current Snow Depth:
41.0in
Snow Water Equiv:
12.6in
Current Temp:
28.0F

plot

blown addiction

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pocatello
Trip To Island park Dec 20th -23rd

I have an upcoming trip, any chance my family can get out riding even if it just the trails? Otherwise I need to rebook my stay. Thanks in advance I appreciate it.

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Driggs, Idaho
We rode IP today, 12.5.17. Parked at Big Springs warming hut and rode up to Two Top. There is enough snow down low. Snow starts to pick up around 7500ft. Up top has a decent base and you can go off trail, just be smart.

Cold as can be today! Not epic but worth going. Really need some snow down low.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
yeah, we went up Bakers Draw to Fish Creek, the snows pretty thin, but once you get above 7K it picks up pretty good. I'd say three ft. or so, just enough to get in trouble if you lower your guard.. There is snow on the trails down low, but not enough to groom yet. Could it be better, could be a lot worse
Hoser, was that you I saw Southbound on 20 with the two blue Gen4's on the sled deck around five?

IMG_0337.jpg IMG_0338.jpg

Premium Features