• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQr thrasher hoods

Hi is any one here in AK wanting to get some IQr thrasher hoods from BRtech ?? the hoods are $96.00 right now . but the shipping is $110 from USPS 11 day. the hoods are only 4lbs so if we get a few together we can save on shipping . what do you guys think ??

Mark

i think you should ask iqridr how he liked his thrasher hood before you buy one. i thought it was trash

If you plan on hitting nothing at all all year long or never rolling your sled, go right ahead. Otherwise I'd stick to stock. They're wAAAAY thinner than they lead you to believe. Like 1/4 thick as side panels and belly pan. Price is good but they are screwing people on shipping....hell as flimsy as mine was they could have rolled it up and stuck it in a shipping tube, hahaha.

I tried one last year with the air box shelf mounted to the hood and that alone was enought weight to colapse the hood onto the pipe and melt it. They look cool and work like crap! Give me $125 and you can have mine!

fastrax has carbon fiber hoods that are close to 3lb and are repairable if you break it, a bit pricey though $600 I have a carbon fiber edge hood that has a dozen rolls on it and its still in one piece

mountainfit hoods seem to hold up better than the Br tech products.

Premium Features

Back