• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important Introducing the 2022 Polaris RMK lineup and first ride impressions!!!

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I'm excited for the HP wars over the next few years between Doo and Poo! Really impressed with the release! Cat, I fear is forever left behind.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: Gotime4

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
I'm really glad I'm not (anymore anyway) in the business of aftermarket mods. There is seriously nothing left to do. You can literally now just buy a $20k dream machines from two different manufacturers. I assume Boondocker and Silber just close up shop at this point? That's sad to say, but it is likely the reality of the situation.

Reactions: joshkoltes

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
This is incredible. It literally is everything we have been asking for. THEY LISTENED TO US!!!!! And then gave it all to us in one year!!!
A lot of things on peoples wish list checked off this year that's for sure.:cool:

Literally only one thing on my list that they didn't do and that's a lightweight electric start system similar to the SHOT.

Last edited:

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I wonder if the fuel mapping on the NA 840 is finally solved with this updated sled?
Quote from scott
"I spent most of my time on the boosted sleds, but the naturally aspirated tuning was SPOT ON!!!! The are getting better and better.
The MY22 tune is CLEAN AND CRISP.
In the naturally aspirated department, several of the test riders expressed a noticeable "seat of the pants" improvement from 2021 850 to these 2022 850 test sleds.
A test rider told me "Holy crap this rips way better than my 2021. They've gotten these running CLEAN!"

• Wow
Reactions: NHRoadking and dfly

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
Welcome to the 2022 Polaris RMK lineup launch thread.

For the 2022 Polaris RMK line-up, Polaris introduces the Polaris Matryx RMK.
In this thread I will cover the following aspects of the 2022 RMK lineup, which some of these are new features, others are highlights.
  • Suspension/Drivetrain
  • Cockpit/ergonomics
  • Tunnel
  • Power options
  • RMK Package/Snowcheck options
  • First Ride impressions
  • Photos and Videos
Earlier this winter, I had the pleasure to join Polaris engineers and the product development team, along with a fantastic group of Polaris Ambassadors. We were among the very first non-Polaris employees to view and ride the new Matryx RMK.
As I sat through the introduction slideshow on the morning of our ride...it was clear that the new Matryx RMK chassis we were previewing was being introduced to us in bite-sized stages.

I can't believe how much Polaris has packed into a single model year release, especially with a new platform.

The snow conditions were prefect for testing new models. We had FEET of solid base with a couple feet of firm snow and a couple feet of fresh on top.

OH MY GOSH WE HAD A GREAT TIME. We had a wide variety of skill levels and experiences, so this was a great time and a treat for all of us.

After my day in the saddle, I can whole-heartedly say THIS CHASSIS IS AMAZING.
It's VERY capable and no matter your skill level, it will raise your mountain riding game if you let it.

In this thread, I will also be happy to help with any questions you might have.

HERE WE GO!!!!!!
And maybe we'll get a factory tether!!

Drivers????

Reactions: Madtown and damx

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Ok, I've got two bones with the Matryx RMK lineup I'll get out of the way. First: weight. The Pro chassis slashed a ton of weight, then belt drive and AXYS whittled away some more, but now it seems to be going the other way. The other is that I'm still a little disappointed with the 650. It's probably not a bad motor, but by building their 600 from the ground up, Doo made a motor that's lighter and more efficient. And there's SHOT... now, if only the Rev4 chassis wasn't 25lb heavier...

That said, I'm very impressed to see Polaris address almost everything else people have been calling for in one fell swoop. Turbo, short tunnel, boot loops, tether... I'd begun to wonder if they were just being deliberately hard-headed with the boot loops and lack of tether. Moving the cooler could be a "small" move that makes a huge difference: more centralized mass helps, and depending on the snow, the sled could be 50lb lighter after running in the deep stuff. I'd be very interested to ride the new turbo back to back with the Doo. If they managed to equal the responsiveness, or even come close to it, it's just going to kill the Doo. There is the question of reliability: we heard all over how the 850 had seen 5 years of R&D, but there were plenty of issues. Not as bad as some made them out to be, but still some guys are seeing bogging and plug fouling. The narrower tank and seat sound like nice improvements, and the 7s screen will be big to some guys.

Overall, the Matryx RMK is more than I was expecting, and I'm sure guys who've been dreaming of a turbo and a short tunnel from the factory feel like Christmas came early. I wouldn't call it as big a jump as the Pro, or even the AXYS. I'll caveat that by saying 1) I haven't rode it, obviously; and 2) for someone who's been chomping at the bit for a factory turbo, the equation is different. My dream is of a sled that focuses on slashing weight over pushing power, and a further dream within a dream is that there's some revolution in suspension and layout to be discovered. So if I don't sound as excited as maybe I should be, that's why. Either way, this looks like a home run for Polaris – I think more than a few of the Doo faithful are feeling a little short-changed right now.

Reactions: Clarke673
Premium Features