• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HPS vs MBRP vs others...

I'm trying to figure out if there is such a thread that discusses all the different makers of cans, being installed and and dyno tested on the same sled. Someone told me they read a particular thread and said that most of the name brand cans most of use today actually reduced horse power and performance??? Is it true? Are we paying for sound and weight reduction only or is there proven HP gain???

I have a HPS. it works great and I love the sound, not too loud but has the perfect Braaap. From what I was told and read in other threads, if you lose the weight and don't lose any power, you have a winner. Good enough for me.

do some thread searching as this topis has been discussed a thousand times...

lots of people like the HPS, as well as Super Q, Dynoport...SLP...

...peoples preferences change with where (elevation) they generally ride..

choose wisely as many other cans will lose hp....

...havent heard of any that make any solid, consistant gains.....

if your not losing hp your winning as stated previously....

choose a mfg that has experience with their product at the altitude you ride at..

HPS for me

I went with HPS was suggested by my dealer and is what the majority of my buddies are using. I love the sound not much louder then stock has a great rumble to it.

L8Rz,
Mike K.

Yeah I get the point....I have an HPS can on the sled. But....does the can reduce HP? I love the sound and the weight loss but I don't notice a difference in climbing from my two identical sleds, one having a can and one not. Most of the time the sled w/o the can out performs. Whatsup with that? p.s. I have switched the can to the other sled and same results...sled w/o can performs better.

HPS actually created HP for me at 9000' and up. I had to reclutch when I installed it. That can it a sweet can. But most cans just reduce weight and don't gain HP, regardless of the claims.

I like the hps the best. small and light.
but for my dollar I would get a super q. it weighs 9oz more believe it was when I weighed them, and it is a little bit biger, but I can get them alot cheaper.
I have ran both and could not tell a performance difference between stock, hps, or super q. aftermarket can just sounded alot better and is alot lighter. alot lighter definatly does not hurt.

Premium Features

Back