• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many Miles till break in complete?

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
I'm thinking something is wrong with my gas guage because after 55 miles my guage is maybe only 1 bar off max. I do know the computer is telling me I'm getting about 12 mpg, so I'd expect it to show about half full at 60 miles. My last ride was just over 60 miles but I haven't refueled to see exactly what I used.
I had this issue my first ride out on my xm this year. It read full from the time I picked it up even though It only had 5 gallons in it then finally after about 30 miles I hit a jump and it started reading correctly. My dealer said sometimes when they are new they will get stuck. Mine has read very accurate since with no issues. The mpg calculator is going off of the computer on how much the injectors inject to calculate the fuel usage not the actual fuel gauge.

Reactions: sanity
S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
I wonder if my sensor is reading wrong cause I am apparently getting 19mpg and only have 180 miles on the sled. I looked at total fuel consumption and it says 9 gallons......seem fishy to you guys?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I wonder if my sensor is reading wrong cause I am apparently getting 19mpg and only have 180 miles on the sled. I looked at total fuel consumption and it says 9 gallons......seem fishy to you guys?

I didnt know it had a total fuel consumption mode. Stock gauge or enhancement module? Nice to see they now have the temp gauge stock.

sanity

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2010
Snoqualmie, WA

Does seem fishy. Does it comport with the amount of gas you are putting in? Try keeping manual track of it for a bit and see what # you come up with.

Premium Features