• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How about our great President!!!

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I have come to realize that some of you will cling to every imperfection and dwell on it, while the rest of us are going to enjoy the prosperity resulting from his actions.

It is truly laughable to think he has divided this country more than obama did.

Actually the source of division has come from those rooting for his failure.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Has anyone heard how the healthcare bill is doing in the senate... OH Yea!!! we were deflected by the unprecedented firing of the Director of the FBI after he asked for more resources to investigate an greatly important matter concerning this countries democracy and a tweet about mysterious tapes or something. Getting popcorn the plot of this show is getting good. first wiretapping and now secret recordings. I am betting there will be video tapes in the near future. I hate to say it but Trump is making this country great again. The unraveling of a country's government is Great!!!! entertainment. Its way better then watching the Kardashians

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
"In America, we don't worship government, we worship God" - President Donald Trump

How refreshing to hear a leader speak like this.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
"In America, we don't worship government, we worship God" - President Donald Trump

How refreshing to hear a leader speak like this.

I think the Trumpster wants to change that so we worship him I could be wrong He is after all the best President we have ever had. Just ask him he will tell you

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I think the Trumpster wants to change that so we worship him I could be wrong He is after all the best President we have ever had. Just ask him he will tell you

After only 115 days, it could be a little premature to say. "best ever", but I can easily say best in my lifetime.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
Take a look

It is easy to see what has happend in the last 8 years if you cant see it you are :juggle: we are trillions in dept. where did it go its easy to see lets hand the money over lets give it away and get nothing for it. wow take a look guys and gals. what the hel i would spend money on a wall why not. oh or should we just give it away like what has happend for years i just dont get why something so simple folks dont get . grow a pair and be man...........

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Originally Posted by Idcatman3 View Post
Bet you'd be pissed had he said Allah though...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
That doesn't even make sense?
That's a highly unlikely very illogical hypothetical.

Either you are just being obnoxious because you enjoy it or your just being willfully ignorant. Either or are not very helpful.

What Idcatman3 was pointing out is that, even though Trump openly is making a remark that is, like most things he says, is incorrect or misleading at best. It also creeps further in reducing the separation of church and state. *Yes I know not in any sort of legal way, but if we pay any attention to history, what is law, and how things are handled are VERY different, ie civil rights movement, womens rights, etc*

Besides the fact the president has no place to make comments like this, it is in fact, incorrect. Depending on your preferred polling source, the US is between 60-70% Christian(this includeds a number of sects which are VERY different, only sharing the same 'god') , and then the next largest being non affiliated (aka not worshipping anything) coming in at 15-37%. And then of course a number of smaller groups like Jews, Muslims, and so on. Point being, while yes, a majority of the US does worship a common variant of "god", there is still a vast portion of the country which does not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States

And what seems to be common practice on both sides of the isle anymore is something like. "I don't really care whose rights are being violated as long as they aren't mine." This was the point of the comment swapping "god" for "allah". If you like a comment when its using your prescribed faith etc but then are against it when its changed out, maybe you should consider why you support it. Or better yet, think of the impact it may have on others.

Just some food for thought as I see some hungry minds in here.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Either you are just being obnoxious because you enjoy it or your just being willfully ignorant. Either or are not very helpful.

What Idcatman3 was pointing out is that, even though Trump openly is making a remark that is, like most things he says, is incorrect or misleading at best. It also creeps further in reducing the separation of church and state. *Yes I know not in any sort of legal way, but if we pay any attention to history, what is law, and how things are handled are VERY different, ie civil rights movement, womens rights, etc*

Besides the fact the president has no place to make comments like this, it is in fact, incorrect. Depending on your preferred polling source, the US is between 60-70% Christian(this includeds a number of sects which are VERY different, only sharing the same 'god') , and then the next largest being non affiliated (aka not worshipping anything) coming in at 15-37%. And then of course a number of smaller groups like Jews, Muslims, and so on. Point being, while yes, a majority of the US does worship a common variant of "god", there is still a vast portion of the country which does not.

And what seems to be common practice on both sides of the isle anymore is something like. "I don't really care whose rights are being violated as long as they aren't mine." This was the point of the comment swapping "god" for "allah". If you like a comment when its using your prescribed faith etc but then are against it when its changed out, maybe you should consider why you support it. Or better yet, think of the impact it may have on others.

You would have more of a foot to stand on if you stuck to saying that he shouldn't say the word God to avoid offending atheists.

I would refer you to my post above yours that allah is God in Arabic. Therefore Either you are just being obnoxious because you enjoy it or you're just being willfully ignorant. Either/or are not very helpful.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
You would have more of a foot to stand on if you stuck to saying that he shouldn't say the word God to avoid offending atheists.

I would refer you to my post above yours that allah is God in Arabic. Therefore Either you are just being obnoxious because you enjoy it or you're just being willfully ignorant. Either/or are not very helpful.
You know that, and I know that, But it sure seems to piss off many Christians when Muslims say Allah, despite the fact that they are talking about the exact same God. That was actually my point.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
You know that, and I know that, But it sure seems to piss off many Christians when Muslims say Allah, despite the fact that they are talking about the exact same God. That was actually my point.

Well thanks to facebook and widespread sharing of terrorist videos the words "allahu akbar" do not exactly have a positive connotation now do they? Same goes for widespread sharing of ignorant idiots.

It is unfortunate that the disconnect exists between how people act online and the way they act in real life. 99% of people would never have an issue with other people if they met in real life.

Case and point: Beer commerical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYXw4K0A3g

Can't get the hyperlink working for some reason.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Well thanks to facebook and widespread sharing of terrorist videos the words "allahu akbar" do not exactly have a positive connotation now do they? Same goes for widespread sharing of ignorant idiots.

It is unfortunate that the disconnect exists between how people act online and the way they act in real life. 99% of people would never have an issue with other people if they met in real life.

Case and point: Beer commerical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYXw4K0A3g

Can't get the hyperlink working for some reason.

That's exactly my point. "Allah" does have negative connotations. But it's just saying "God" in a different language. Many "Christians" in this country get pissed when our president respects other religions, other than theirs. They complain over and over about it, despite former President Obama demostrably being a Christian, and going to church. The Donald doesn't regularly go to church, and I'd hardly describe his behavior as Christian, but here Mafesto is singing his praises because he mentioned God that one time. It's absurd that he's being held up as a standard of Christianity, and if I were one, I'd be insulted.

I like the video, but
1: the purpose is to sell beer, it's not like they're going to show them walking away from it.
2: The conclusion is exactly what we don't see often. "The world isn't black and white, it's complicated, we should listen to other people about their experiences."
Who does that NOT sound like?
Fixed your video embed:

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

Why is it that some people are so unwilling to acknowledge that this great country was founded around Christian beliefs?

And it is fact that Christianity is more tolerant of Islam than vice versa.

So, there you are. Pretty simple.

J
Jan 15, 2010
Why is it that some people are so unwilling to acknowledge that this great country was founded around Christian beliefs?

And it is fact that Christianity is more tolerant of Islam than vice versa.

So, there you are. Pretty simple.

Christianity-tolerant... that's funny.

'Murcia was founded on the separation of church and state. It always amazes me that people on the far right who swear by the constitution being the be all end all can't seem to get this thrust their thick skulls.

Premium Features