• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Homemade can

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Hi, so my friend wants a can for his 2000 zr 600 efi but doesn't want to spend the money for one and he asked me to make one for him since Im a welder. Does anyone know any tips or anything on how to make one? Since it's not my sled I'm worried about wrecking it bcuz of no back pressure and things like that. Any input is appreciated thanks!!

well he is a long time friend so i wouldnt take it that way haha i owe him for helping with my own projects too so it evens out :face-icon-small-hap

I wish you good luck with this project, however as an engineer I have seen people cost themselves a LOT of money by trying to doing things themselves. Things that they probably shouldn't be doing. Sometimes a little bit of knowledge is dangerous.

Remember the old saying; "You get what you pay for." I have found that holds true with most things.

why do you think we are losing access to millions of acres of land every year

loud sleds and ATVs are a big part of it, we have to police ourselves

halarious!!! :lol: specially the guy who said that sucks haha well how did he exactly make it? just cut it in half and thats it?

halarious!!! :lol: specially the guy who said that sucks haha well how did he exactly make it? just cut it in half and thats it?

Ya he just cut it in half and had some random bend pipes from trucks kicking around and welded it up, i will try to get some pics of it this weekend and will post them on here,:face-icon-small-hap

I wish you good luck with this project, however as an engineer I have seen people cost themselves a LOT of money by trying to doing things themselves. Things that they probably shouldn't be doing. Sometimes a little bit of knowledge is dangerous.

Remember the old saying; "You get what you pay for." I have found that holds true with most things.

People doing things for themselves is how innovation works.

yes i like tinkering with things, it helps me learn more about snowmobiling and how they work. its my passion and hope to pursue it someday

Heres a pic of that home made can, sorry not the best pic but it will give you an idea of how he made it anyway:face-icon-small-hap

IMG00306-20110219-1450.jpg

Premium Features

Back