• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Holtz rear setup

J
Mar 21, 2008
I just put a holtz rear that I bought in my 02 156 700. the holtz instructions said to set the front shock preload at two turns more than it takes to contact the spring and hset the limiter settings fron 5.5-6 inches of clearance fron the front arm to the rail I set it at 5.5. I took it for a short ride and it steers pretty heavy but rides prety well on the bumps. I noticed that there is slack at the top of the travel and when you lift the rear bumper up to get rid of that slack the front of the track gets pulled up off the ground. The raer does seem to sit a little low because of this slack at th etop of the travel, do you guys think the thing to do would be to rry it with the limiters set out to 6"? what are you guys running for settings and what else should I know about setting up this skid?

J
Mar 21, 2008
Yes I set it at 3.5 with the suspension unloaded but half of that sag happens just as you set the sled down before I even sit on it, does you holtz do this?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Yup, that's completely normal for the Holz. You lift it up so the track is barely touching the ground, pull the measurement, then climb on and pull the measurement again.

Mine doesn't heavy steer and I love the suspension... I've riden a Holz since 2000.

sled_guy

J
Mar 21, 2008
I let the limiters out a little and I was going to soften the preload on the ski shocks anyway so I will have to take it for another ride. what are you running for settings? on the front as far as shock position limiter straps and spring preload?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Rear is setup exactly to the instructions. I have the fat guy spring because I'm fat.

I run a sway bar in mine and I Fox ZeroPros on the front... preload set about 1/2 way up on them.

sled_guy

Premium Features