• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help: Bought used SLP pipe for 08 D8, but it looks like a 700 can?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Title says it all. the can looks like the SLP for the 700 CFI. I thought the can was supposed to work with the stock pipe too, and since my stock can broke a baffle I was going to use the SLP can, but couldn't use it because the spring loops on the can inlet touched the spring loops on the stock pipe...

Started getting suspicious when I saw an SLP can at the dealer (with broken baffle) and it looked different, the spring loops looked right for working with my stock pipe.

Checking the 2009 cans on Polaris online, again my can looks like the 700 CFI can, not the 800 CFI can.

Any way to tell which pipe, can, and y-pipe I have, for sure?

Anyone have pics of what my can should look like? Also it has a part number on the can but I don't remember what it was... it is out in the shop and my laptop battery is going dead...

700s didn't come with a y-pipe, they use the stock one.

Each piece has a label tag on it that has a part number on it. Look on the can and find that label and post the number. The first part of the number is the part number for the pipe set and then there will be something like a -01, -02, -03 for the different parts.

sled_guy

Not quite sure what your asking, but the SLP can for the stock pipe and the can for the SLP pipe are two different parts. If you try to use the can for the SLP pipe with your stock pipe the spring loops will be about 1/2" apart.

700s didn't come with a y-pipe, they use the stock one.

Each piece has a label tag on it that has a part number on it. Look on the can and find that label and post the number. The first part of the number is the part number for the pipe set and then there will be something like a -01, -02, -03 for the different parts.

sled_guy
I am at work and have the can in my car... let me check the part number here real quick... 090-8782

Not quite sure what your asking, but the SLP can for the stock pipe and the can for the SLP pipe are two different parts. If you try to use the can for the SLP pipe with your stock pipe the spring loops will be about 1/2" apart.
Ok, good information - I thought I read on here that the can for use with stock pipe and the can for use with SLP pipe were the same, so that if you had bought just the can, then wanted the pipe you only needed to buy the y-pipe and expansion chamber parts... that explains why the spring loops are almost touching with the SLP can and the stock pipe...

Last edited:
Thanks, now I just have to figure out where to get it recoated... quite rusty for a year old pipe...

Premium Features

Back