• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HellclimberFilms: Girlyman Tour 2 DVD release

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
i'm bumping this cause i found yet another DVD to give away :D

first to pm me gets a freebie AND a friggin ridiculous ridonkulous cool T-shirt like the one in the photo below....
just take a GOOD look and you'll see a orange t-shirt somewhere ;)

tshirt.jpg

never mind my dorky look.. it was hard to focus ;)

There's an orange T shirt in there somewhere? !!!:D

Anything else in the picture you'd like to give away? :eek: :D

Thanks again Rob.

There's an orange T shirt in there somewhere? !!!:D

Anything else in the picture you'd like to give away? :eek: :D

Thanks again Rob.

if you take a looong, hard look you'll notice that somewhere in the pic there is a dude wearing a orange tee...

it's not like i'm telling ya'll to look for dudes btw... ;)

i might be able to arrange a even better giveaway next year ;):D

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Whoooo-hooooo!!! So excited...

you know? why don't we have chicks like that at our snow shows and premiers?? seems like all i ever see are the super young slutty ones that really aren't hat hot... oh, yeah, that's right, we were supposed to be looking at the orange shirt... that is a nice lookin shirt... not a bad model, though I know all you dewds on here will FREAK OUT that i said that! hehehehehe

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
Whoooo-hooooo!!! So excited...

you know? why don't we have chicks like that at our snow shows and premiers?? seems like all i ever see are the super young slutty ones that really aren't hat hot... oh, yeah, that's right, we were supposed to be looking at the orange shirt... that is a nice lookin shirt... not a bad model, though I know all you dewds on here will FREAK OUT that i said that! hehehehehe

I'm glad a woman pointed that out.
Last year's show, here in Washington, there were three or four of them in some booth actin' like they were wasted on X or something, lookin' like they were about to drop to the floor and do each other right then and there.

My wife pulled away from the booth and of course I had to follow her or get my show allowance cut in half!

I like looking at pretty women but these were just skanks. Had the look of STD's all over 'em.

Seriously...What's the attraction unless you're 14?

Just giving you a hard time about the shipping. :) I checked out some of your videos on U-tube...from what I have seen I will like the it!

i sent ya a vid yesterday but when i came home there was a DVD with your name on it....:confused:
so i shipped that today.

if the one i sent, if i remembered to send one, works, feel free to give it to a good friend.. or sell it to a bad friend ;)

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Got the movie today, overall good film. Looks like the majority of the riders are just average guys out having a great time, something I think everyone can relate to. The guy with the ski-doo needs to get a bumper or something to keep that thing from flipping over on him all the time.:D You guys definately like to air out the sleds. Kinda had that "I'm going for it" no matter what happens attidude to it.

Editing was decent, but the quickness that segments go from one rider to the next I didn't care for. At times it was like watching a long movie trailer. Make me wonder if I missed some good crashes/saves that were edited out. Some of the music I also didn't really care for and some I did, but you'll never please everyone.

Thanks again for the film.

you're welcome :)

the ski-doo flipper broke his bumper on that ride so after that he kept flipping it over :D

if there had been some good crashes/saves, they would have been featured so no worries there. ;)

yeah, the music thingie is really hard too chose from, but like you said, can't please them all ALL the time either. :)

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
Got the movie today, overall good film. Looks like the majority of the riders are just average guys out having a great time, something I think everyone can relate to. The guy with the ski-doo needs to get a bumper or something to keep that thing from flipping over on him all the time.:D You guys definately like to air out the sleds. Kinda had that "I'm going for it" no matter what happens attidude to it.

Editing was decent, but the quickness that segments go from one rider to the next I didn't care for. At times it was like watching a long movie trailer. Make me wonder if I missed some good crashes/saves that were edited out. Some of the music I also didn't really care for and some I did, but you'll never please everyone.

Thanks again for the film.

Just got my copy of your film Rob, Thank you for sending it my way!:D

Overall, I really liked it. So did the little woman. We both felt like your group of people that you ride with were a bunch of approachable weekend warriors like we are and not the professional "Elite" riders that make up so many sled films today that your average joe rider would never stand a chance to be able to ride with. as stated earlier, these guys "had that "I'm going for it" no matter what happens attidude to it." That was fun to watch. Most of us do the same type of thing while were trying to learn a cool move. yours is the first movie (I think) that shows the guys making all the failed attempts first!
And yes, Add some weight to the front of that XP to hold it down before that guy gets crushed from all the blow-overs!:D

Some of the music was a touch too slow, actually, really only one segment but I liked the rest of the music. I hate rap and death metal but a lot of others love it. I just like background music that adds to the film, not overpowers it. I felt you did a good job with it.

Other than some of the footage being a tad over exposed and too bright I thought the filming was pretty darn good. You got a few shots that really showed how steep the hill was that you were all playing on and I know that's a hard thing to do. The only real criticism on the cinemetography would be to get a more fluid tripod. It was probably the extreme cold but it seemed your tripod was a touch jerky but not distracting at all. Great job.
I was just being critical because you asked me to!:rolleyes:

I will watch it again and THAT'S the sign of a good sled video in my book.

I have well over 75 sled video's that I have collected over the years and there are only about 10 that I've ever watched more than once.

It's a video of average to really good riders having a lot of fun in a beautiful, scenic place.
I recommend getting this vid if you enjoy feeling happy about what you just saw. (Does that make sence)?!!

If you're into nonstop "In the trees" or $30,000 turbo's going straight up hero snow then this video's not for you.

I look forward to the GirlyMan Tour #3
Wish I could be there when you film it!:D:beer; :beer; :beer;

you're very velcome.
well, since we're not pro's, we're "A bunch of Girlymen" (trademark) we can show all the errors and mishaps :)

the music we're slow at the beginning, but that was for a purpose.. atleast in my head ;)
the idea is to make a kind of story with the music, not just slapping music on top of sledding with a slow and easy start cause that's the season we had.. sadly...

but like you said, the music adds to the film and not overpowering it and that was what i wanted so i'm happy :)

in February we used a older cam and we messed up the settings on it so therefore the slightly overexposed images.. :(

well, we actually didn't use tripods this season..... ;)
but we will definitely use 'em next season along with ALL the stuff we learned throughout the season.

yeah, i know i asked you to be critical and that's goooood. that's the only way to learn even more so don't feel bad that you had to be critical ;)

if you watch the film and actually would like to watch it again, that IS the best sign that it was a good and enjoyable film in my book also.
that is THE most important thing about movies.

btw, you could have saved yourselves for the whole writeup thingie if you just said that you enjoyed it enough to want to watch it again and that it made you want to be here when we make the next film..

that's a pretty good statement that you thoroughly enjoyed it :D

thanks ALOT for the critical feedback. well appreciated :D:beer;

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
good job rob and your band of crazy norwegioners! :)

as stated above...what makes this movie fun is that you can tell its an average group of buds and one of them (rob) shows up with a camera. that's when all hell breaks loose. these guys are flyin' all over the place! i liked the music and the editing has improved a lot over last year's film. some of the footy was a little over-exposed but generally well shot.

its also neat to see the terrain of a far off place like norway as the backdrop to this movie.

Hellclimber 2 is fun flick to add to your library.

jeff

Premium Features