• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone put an attack 20 on a rev?

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
I need a new track to replace my 159" challenger lite I have on my 07 summit X. I am on a very limited budget and was thinking about putting on an attack 20 162" and changing the drivers to a 3" pitch, 7 tooth driver. Any input on this track would be appreciated. Being that my budget is so small I can do all this, the track and drivers for around $300 bucks. Otherwise, in a perfect world i would put a challenger extreme on but I cant afford the $700 for one right now.

Evan

Nope. There is a reason that the Cat guys are ditching them. I've ridden with two different guys with Attack 20 tracks and they hate them.

What is it about it that makes it suck so much? Right now I have a on my sled a challenger lite with like 15 lugs missing, and it has seen better days.

Evan

The people I know with the A-20 have a lot of problems on firm snow. The bent ends on the paddles prevent the track from digging into anything other than powder. The first time you spin out on a hill and can't dig in, you'll hate it. But there are a lot of Arctic Cat riders using it and it is better than not riding.

Camo 9941 from Tracks USA....just a little more $ and uses your stock drivers....MUCH better track too.

I ripped my challenger lite in half and bought a used challenger 15"x2"x151" and dropped her under for $160. Best change i've made to the sled yet. and swapping the 6.9 pilots. The sled will lay over really easy now and wont want to flip over or rip back upright. It climbs way better than that challenger lite also. its less wide, and shorter lugs, but still out performs the lite.

Yeah, I'll agree the A20 and firm snow definitely dont get along. Theres nothing like the feeling of coming down a hill backwards:eek:

powerclaw that ish...I dunno tho, rev guys swear by the whole 16" wideness.
guess its my turn.. lol

Theres this rumor going around that the A20 sucks.. Well the remedy for it is to just turn it around and straighten the lugs, clip them down also if its got some miles on it. In powder position it doesnt work on hard snow for chit so that there is enough reason too flip it, it trenches in super soft but how often do you ride that? I always thought the a20 was a decent track for what it was. Cat tried something new and if your gonna say that in powder position in deeeeep snow that thing rocked on the king cats.. Even the M7.

If its all your budget can afford try it out, but like said before me, you can always find a deal on something as challenger is the only way too go

PS: NO BRAKES IN HILL CLIMB POSITION!!!

my buddy runs one, if you get one that has been run in HC since new, or mostly, the lugs get pretty darn straight after some miles on em. in HC they will climb ANYTHING...

i think with a little love the A20 can be an amazing track, just for those of us who dont want to spend huge $$$

but honestly, you might want to look into a poo 159... only a 15 wide, but heck, could get ya back on the snow pretty cheap. and no drive swap.

and you already have a crappy arse track, so not like it will change much. why not just get another 159 camo lite? they arent pricey, there easy to come by on here or dootalk!

It's not that bad!

I'll agree with what was said above, it really does suck on the hardpack when in the powder direction. However:

I put one on my old MM700 and it works great. Since the tunnel wouldn't take a 2.25 i had to trim all the lugs down. Now that thing hooks up like an sob and isn't to bad coming down either. Last weekend in the hard snow it was hooking up about as good as my powderclaw was :) (But there is a little torque difference between an M1000 and a MM700 too)

If that is in your budget go for it, straighten the lugs and put it in hillclimb mode. Or keep looking, you'll find something :beer;:beer;

I like mine! Reversed with every 3rd lug having carbide tipped screws. Isn't the best for the bottomless fluff in HC, bug gets better over time. They were very one dimensional, either awesome pow tracks or awesome spring tracks, but sucked when caught in the wrong snow! A straightened A-20 is, I think, a great track! I have had pretty good luck with mine, trenches a bit in the fluff(but maybe that's me at 275:)), but in the spring, in HC, I don't really know if there is a track that will climb along side of it! Besides, reversed, it keeps the tailgaters off the back of you(the rooster tail is a site to be seen!!!!)

Doh!- all my experience is on a ZX sled, so maybe it absolutly blows for a rev!

I had an A 20, but not on my Doo. At first I ran it in the powder direction and it worked great, until the snow set up and became firm, then it would become very "slippery" and you would spend the whole day spinning while others were out laying the high marks. So in the spring I turned it around and holy smokes would she climb and throw a roost, but left a stripe in my shorts when I had to come down. There are a few times when I would way overshoot corners coming down the mountain when others would be almost at a complete stop, they learned to send me down first so i would not knock them down like bowling pins. Also in the reverse position the tips of the lugs showed heavy wear after only a few rides. I threw my A 20 away before I had a chance to try the lug straightening trick, I have heard that this can make the track a lot less directional and better all around. I did not like my A 20 but if you are on a super tight budget it would be better than staying at home while your friend all go out to rip up the pow.

Also Evan, going to a 3 inch pitch is necessary for the camo extreme so it wouldnt hurt any too upgrade now and run the a20, get the 3in pitch drivers, and get the CE when you can

I took your guys advice and found a 162x16x2.25 challenger powdermax design w/ 2.52 pitch on ebay for $250 bucks. I should be able to fit it on my 159 rails easily enough right?

Evan

you might have to move the skid back an inch, but i think you should be able to do it by just moving the wheels all the way back...if you install it and the wheels are to loos all the way back PM me and i can get you some pictures of what you need to do.

Premium Features

Back