• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Happy Veterans Day

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Happy Veterans Day to my fellow Snowesters that have served! I know that I have served with some of you and we may have even shared the same tents overseas. Some of my friends are still over there & the holidays are coming up. I almost didn't make it to 20 years in, but I guess my surgeons can be happy that I helped put their kids through collage:rolleyes: After 20 years, I know it is hard to be away from family & friends. May God be with you brothers, and bring you home safe. We will try to save some snow for you....We could ship some to you guys, but snow doesn't do well in 120+ heat;). Many of your spouses deserve a thanks today too. My wife had her hands full all the times I was gone to the "sand box" living out of tents... Sorry, don't get me started. To late...

For the guys that haven't or couldn't serve, thank you too, because there were many times we have needed your help. It is hard to help our family's while we are thousands of miles away. Fixing a flat tire, shoveling snow, etc.

Lastly I know some people are worried about changing leadership in a time of war. Some of us didn't get who we voted for, but we still need to pray for all of our leaders....(yes, even if you don't like them) that they will make good decisions that will or could effect all of us. OK, I will get off my soap box....but not before saying thanks to our fellow Canadians, today is their national "Remembrance Day" I have personally served with these guys in ,Kuwait, Qatar, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Korea & during natural disasters (hurricanes, super typhoons) etc, and they have always been great (and they always carry Canadian beer)

T

tonyinak

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 8, 2008
Los Anchorage
www.myspace.com
The 18th of this month will be one year since my separation from active duty in our armed services. Although after 6 years I chose a different path, I thank those whom had, continue, and will serve our nation; particularly in these trying times. Although on a personal level, I think Obama can suck my *$@%, I choose to put those differences aside and support my country and whom ever is elected by my peers to lead it. Thank you veterans, and may the USA continue to kick ***!

Reactions: Prayn4snow
A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Former Marine myself, served for 5 years, 8 months in Iraq, called back to active duty for one year after 9-11. Thanks for the recognition, its kind of funny i served before 9-11 and we hardly ever got the recognition for our service that we do now. So I for one especially appreciate it, even though it took that tragedy to wake some poeple in this country up. Special thanks to all of my military brothers and sisters...keep kicking a**!!

"To all of those who lost there lives doing there duty for their country, protecting the way of life of the people who live in it, they are the true heros."

Last edited:
S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
The 18th of this month will be one year since my separation from active duty in our armed services. Although after 6 years I chose a different path, I thank those whom had, continue, and will serve our nation; particularly in these trying times. Although on a personal level, I think Obama can suck my *$@%, I choose to put those differences aside and support my country and whom ever is elected by my peers to lead it. Thank you veterans, and may the USA continue to kick ***!

Thank you.. I miss it all the same.. I hope all that are serving know how much WE owe them..:beer;:beer;

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Tun Tavern Nov 10, 1775 - Nov 10, 2008 233 years. Wow what a difference. I being a former Marine can only fined one thing to say to day. SEMPER FI DevilDog!!

Hey AkRev151 (rides a M8 wonder why...)I would say SEMPER FI to you to day my man but you were a pu ssy and joined the ARMY ( Ain't Ready to be MARINE Yet)ha ha ha.

See you in Cantwell

Last edited:
A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
I agree wholeheartedly with you Prayn4snow.

It's too bad that more American's don't recognize this day. If it weren't for the men and women in uniform who have stood up for our country for centuries, who knows where we would be today. I too wish to thank you who have served your country unselfishly. You are the reason why we have the freedoms that we have today. You are the reason why we have so many choices today.

So thank YOU ALL who have served giving your life to work so hard to keep America safe, proud and strong. It is our Men & Women in the miliary who I will be forever indebted to because I have a great life here in Alaska with my family and friends! So THANK YOU for all that you have done and continue to do for our freedom!

If you see a man or woman in uniform today, tomorrow or any day, thank them for all that they are doing for our country. It's the least we can do for them.

God Bless America - Let Freedom Ring! Who ah!!

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
I served 11 years active duty ..***cough***cough*** Air Force. And now Im in the Air Guard...so, to whoever said thanks...your welcome :)

To the "prior" marines above me, I didnt know there was such a thing. I thought there were 2 kinds of people in this world, Marines, and everybody else.....you guys should know, "Once a Marine, always a Marine" My brother did his time in the Marines, and of all the places I have been, and people Ive been at war with. The Marine is who you want by your side (plus, they always called me sir :) ha ha ha)

So, anyways...

Thanks to all that serve, and their spouses.

And those that serve with a leaf on their uniform sure know how to party...

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
GO NAVY! Don't laugh, they paid for my partying in college.

Uncle Sam's money well spent.:beer;;)

Doug, I had to work for the Navy (you Navy guys are a have your own way of doing things) when I was in Chuuk (Truk) Island for 9 months, restoring water & power & building FEMA houses after a Typhoon wiped out most of the houses there. It is a tiny island (old volcano) in Micronesia. I was on a 12 man construction team (no base or help for hundreds of sea miles) & we were hit with Super Typhoon Pongsona. None of us thought we were going to make it....many people there didn't. The Navy was our only source of food, they would air drop us food every 6 weeks for 9 months. (talk about living in the boonies):eek: I had to sew up many people there, injury's & riots (machete fights over food). Anyone that knows me, (I am no medic) If I have to sew you up, your hurting;) Let me tell you, we have many blessing in this country that many people will never understand. Our Hospitals, infrastructure, people willing to help, etc....

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
C-Bolt, I think you got that line "there are 2 kinds of people in this world, Marines, and everybody else" from Full Metal Jacket? There was some hillarious boot camp seens in that movie :D. As a former Marine my self (former Marine is a technical way of saying not presently on active duty but can be on a moments notice, witness AK800RMK151 and for the rest of us former "older" Marines we like to think we can be ready as well.... given time. :face-icon-small-win ) Special shout out to AK, Semper Fi !

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
C-Bolt, I think you got that line "there were 2 kinds of people in this world, Marines, and everybody else" from Full Metal Jacket? There was some hillarious boot camp seens in that movie :D. As a former Marine my self (former Marine is a technical way of saying not presently on active duty but can be in a moments notice, witness AK800151 and for the rest of us "older" former Marines we like to think we can be too.... given time. :face-icon-small-win )

AK800RMK151, 07IQRMK, Race & the rest of the Marines, I deployed with the Marines many times....All I have to say is I always enjoyed working with you nuts, you guys are some kind of crazy...I don't know what they teach you guys....but I always worked easier knowing you guys had my back in some nasty areas....:beer;:beer; Thanks

Q
Feb 18, 2008
I will take this time to thank all who have severed or are serving at this time like me. I did 4 yers in the Marine's and going on six in the Army at this time im doing some stupped stuff at Ft. Greely but it very close to summit so I can not complaien one thing uncle sam did not do for me (spell Cheack)

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
To all those who have served, and are serving my hats off to you. Everything was said that needed to be said in this thread.

Im working on 12 years myself and just got back from a 1 year unaccompanied tour so the thoughts and feelings are fresh in my head.

Special thanks as mentioned goes out to the spouses,mothers and children who are left behind, they suffer the most and go unmentioned the most.

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Tun Tavern Nov 10, 1775 - Nov 10, 2008 233 years. Wow what a difference. I being a former Marine can only fined one thing to say to day. SEMPER FI DevilDog!!

Hey AkRev151 (rides a M8 wonder why...)I would say SEMPER FI to you to day my man but you were a pu ssy and joined the ARMY ( Ain't Ready to be MARINE Yet)ha ha ha.

See you in Cantwell

haha....160th SOAR(A) 97-01.

Jeremy for a Marine you sure get lost as hell ALOT in the woods, lol...happy vets day fellas...

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
haha....160th SOAR(A) 97-01.

Jeremy for a Marine you sure get lost as hell ALOT in the woods, lol...happy vets day fellas...

I thank you for the fire support.. I've had the pleasure of needing you guys multiple times.. Thanks for the drops, and the rides.

The sound of the minis make me sleep better..:beer;:beer;

Premium Features