• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gmrs pro handheld mic problems

Need some help from the radio experts. Last season I picked up a BTECH GMRS pro and instead of using their wired adapter I picked up a handheld mic with the correct Motorola plug for this radio. Only problem I ran into was the mic only functioned properly if it was partially plugged in. If I pushed it all the way up it wouldn’t work. My work around for last season was a spacer made from a Ranger band with electric tape around the cable and radio body. It worked and got me through the season but would like a more permanent solution.

Does anyone know if this is a radio or microphone issue?

You would have to measure the spacing on the connectors and compare to another microphone. I would assume it would be a mic. problem as there are many cheap copies out there.

Im pretty sure it is the molded body of the connector that limits the depth. Don't you have a buddy that has a mic to compare with? Try plugging his in and see if it works.

Im pretty sure it is the molded body of the connector that limits the depth. Don't you have a buddy that has a mic to compare with? Try plugging his in and see if it works.
BTech apparently needed a revenue stream, so they (slightly) altered the standard Motorola plug, and sell the adapter. Usually, I look for work arounds. But this time, I bought the adapter and have had no issues with a Motorola plug pattern shoulder mike.

Premium Features

Back