• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI INFO ON THE 2012 PRO RMK BOONDOCKERS TURBO KITS

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Boondockers called me today $499 with trade in of airbox/injector and charge tube.
They want anybody who is going to take advantage of this to get their parts shipped into them, and the offer is going to end mid oct.

Do you need to send in the control box??

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Do you need to send in the control box??

They recommend sending in the control box, but will give you instruction on how to make the changes if you choose not to send it in.

I forgot to ask them about the cold air intake, I'm hoping that Junior can give us some details on it here, and most important, the price?

A
Nov 26, 2007
I herd the same thing. Time to dust off the sled and do a little work I guess. When running the intercooler can you still retain the factory headlights?

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
intercooler on pro

Fyi for those who are thinking of installing an intercooler.

I had a boondocker kit in 2009.
It ran great in 2009 1500 miles.

In 2010 i put an intercooler on and the sled never ran right again.
I hope boondocker does a better job testing and dialing in their system before releasing it.

Throttle response was not as good and the sled ran very inconsistantly.
Seat of pants felt like it was only running a little better than stock.
Not sure the intercooler was worth the money. IMO FYI

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
junior telll us about the tps smart ebc and how that it going to work on the new kit.

D
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
From their Facebook page....

Attention POLARIS SNOWMOBILES turbo kit owners, we are offering a limited time offer to upgrade your 2011 kit to 2012 specifications. An intercooler upgrade is available for $499 or an air box upgrade for $199. You will need to ship some of your original kit components into BoonDocker for modification.
This upgrade is only available until October 31st 2011. If you are interested in this upgrade please contact BoonDocker on 877-522-7805

S

savedbygrace

Mar 21, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
www.boondockers.com
junior telll us about the tps smart ebc and how that it going to work on the new kit.

TPS Smart™ is one of the coolest new features for 2012, this is how works. The new TPS Smart™ Boondocker EBC (electronic boost controller) can now adjust boost according to throttle position. Until now, a turbo would build full boost even at part throttle, causing a variety of tuning and ride-ability concerns. The new Boondocker EBC equipped with TPS Smart™ will effectively deliver partial boost at part throttle. At 25% throttle position the TPS smart™ EBC will target 25% boost automatically, at 50% throttle position it will target 50% boost, etc. The end result is a power cure that more closely parallels the stock curve, producing a more ride-able, better tuning sled.

Check out this video.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoonDockerUSA?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/Vw1B-uQlb6g

Thanks,
Junior

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
TPS Smart™ is one of the coolest new features for 2012, this is how works. The new TPS Smart™ Boondocker EBC (electronic boost controller) can now adjust boost according to throttle position. Until now, a turbo would build full boost even at part throttle, causing a variety of tuning and ride-ability concerns. The new Boondocker EBC equipped with TPS Smart™ will effectively deliver partial boost at part throttle. At 25% throttle position the TPS smart™ EBC will target 25% boost automatically, at 50% throttle position it will target 50% boost, etc. The end result is a power cure that more closely parallels the stock curve, producing a more ride-able, better tuning sled.

Check out this video.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoonDockerUSA?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/Vw1B-uQlb6g

Thanks,
Junior

Junior thank you. Keep the videos coming those are great and it is what we want to see. If a picture says a thousand words just think how effective videos of your product with your or jared explaining the features and benefits is. I just watched the ETEC walk around, now that is a cool way to show the turbo kit features and benefits.

Woody

Last edited:
Reactions: E-Zmoke 4:20
S
Dec 20, 2007
If there were performance gains I could see charging their customers for an upgrade, but it appears that this upgrade was designed to resolve issues that the users I talked with had experienced. I would be interested to hear from someone at boondockers to see whats going on behind the scenes.

I just ordered 2 kits RMK Pro as i had a pump gas kit 2 years ago and it worked flawless. Im hoping that my loyality will pay off long run because i could have saved 2K buying the Silber kit. I have heard some concerns about the carb boots blowing apart on the RMK Pro and infact told flat out ill be calling Silber on the horn for a fix later on this winter. Any truth to this with the new kits? Have the designers already fixed this issue or is this one of those myths the competition puts out there?
Thanks Guys.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
I just ordered 2 kits RMK Pro as i had a pump gas kit 2 years ago and it worked flawless. Im hoping that my loyality will pay off long run because i could have saved 2K buying the Silber kit. I have heard some concerns about the carb boots blowing apart on the RMK Pro and infact told flat out ill be calling Silber on the horn for a fix later on this winter. Any truth to this with the new kits? Have the designers already fixed this issue or is this one of those myths the competition puts out there?
Thanks Guys.

The rubber throttle body boots dont do well under boost, they have been know to get blown off.. so silber makes a billet boot which is much stronger than stock(rubber).
I could be wrong but i believe the boondocker kit just uses the stock rubber one. I have not read anywere saying they use something other than stock.

S

savedbygrace

Mar 21, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
www.boondockers.com
Polaris Pro Throttle Body Boots Do Not Blow Out.

Thanks Guys.

Polaris Pro throttle body boots do not blow out.

No worries on the Boots blowing off, or out or anything of the sort. Boondocker has a lot of Turbo Polaris Pros on the snow with thousands of boosted miles on the majority of them, and not one reported case of a blown boot. Throttle body boots on the older Polaris Dragons have been known to blow, but this has been a non issue on the Pro.

Thanks,
Junior

Reactions: dmkhnr

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Junior,
Can you tell us when you guys will have the Intercoolers/Upgrades ready to ship for us 2011 BD kit guys?

What parts do you need us to send in to you for exchange?

Also, what would have to be changed out on a 2011 kit to effectively make it a 2012 kit?

And since the mapping is changed, is it a must to send on our current controller, or will you give us directions to make the changes?

Thank you Sir!

S

savedbygrace

Mar 21, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
www.boondockers.com
Junior,
Can you tell us when you guys will have the Intercoolers/Upgrades ready to ship for us 2011 BD kit guys?

What parts do you need us to send in to you for exchange?

Also, what would have to be changed out on a 2011 kit to effectively make it a 2012 kit?

And since the mapping is changed, is it a must to send on our current controller, or will you give us directions to make the changes?

Thank you Sir!

We are building the upgrade parts now, they should be ready to ship in one to two weeks, that would put us before the end of October.

You do not need to send any parts to Boondocker for the updates. All we need is an original proof of purchase.

There is no significant change from the 2011 Pro RMK to the 2012, so parts will swap directly from one to the other. As far as the Boondocker turbo kits are concerned, the changes from 2011 to 2012 are; the air box/intercooler upgrades and the exhaust coupler from the turbo to the muffler has been improved as well.

As long as you have 3D programming you will be able to adjust the control box yourself to perform with the upgrades, by following the included instructions.

Thanks,
Junior

S
Dec 20, 2007
Polaris Pro throttle body boots do not blow out.

No worries on the Boots blowing off, or out or anything of the sort. Boondocker has a lot of Turbo Polaris Pros on the snow with thousands of boosted miles on the majority of them, and not one reported case of a blown boot. Throttle body boots on the older Polaris Dragons have been known to blow, but this has been a non issue on the Pro.

Thanks,
Junior

Good to know. My other thought was if you used the Silber kit with the billett boots where does all the vibration go? Im not a tech but common sense tells me this would be like a rock in a hard place?? Knothing there to flex with engine vib and torque, or am i just dumb? Theres quite a bit of movement there between the carbs and the cylinders and i dont see the carbs winning in the end. Lots of tender parts in a carb???

Premium Features