• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI full standalone ecu and intercooled turbo kit finaly released!!

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
link for you guys to check out a dyno session and the quick tune autotune fonction

just for you guys to see how user friendly is the autotune/quick tune fonctions..... :wine:

http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/SUPRATURBO0501/?action=view&current=7000rpmautotune.mp4

http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/...n=view&current=settingupautotunequicktune.mp4

it is time for us to let people see few pulls on the engine dyno(not our engine dyno .....so you can all see it is not tricked out !!!) this session was hels at Jaws Performance in ontario and we wanted craig to try some of our cool features by himself....so no need to be a e.f.i. guru to tune with those functions.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
just for you guys to see how user friendly is the autotune/quick tune fonctions..... :wine:

http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/SUPRATURBO0501/?action=view&current=7000rpmautotune.mp4

http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/...n=view&current=settingupautotunequicktune.mp4

it is time for us to let people see few pulls on the engine dyno(not our engine dyno .....so you can all see it is not tricked out !!!) this session was hels at Jaws Performance in ontario and we wanted craig to try some of our cool features by himself....so no need to be a e.f.i. guru to tune with those functions.

Is this sled N/A or turboed ?

ewanaburner

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2002
west central MN
ecm

If I already have a turbo pro can buy just the ECM and put it on and let it
tune itself ?
or must it be programed to the system I have ?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
If I already have a turbo pro can buy just the ECM and put it on and let it
tune itself ?

Systems have to have a base program designed, then the ECU will keep it running optimally based on engine sensors, i.e. temp, deto, throttle pos. AFR, etc.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
From what I understand, this sled is NA.

That what i though it sounded like , when we tuned the vipec on my turboed apex , the auto tune was very hard to use , as it was very hard holding RPM,s steady with the dyno when boost comes on , may of been the type of dyno being used .

Looking forward to seeing this system run on the snow in the mountains.

ewanaburner

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2002
west central MN
I understand that
I guess what I am asking is will the base map they have for their system work for other
systems. if it follows o2 sensor based map it would build its own map ( i.e. self tunning)
to set AFR readings

ewanaburner

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2002
west central MN
Systems have to have a base program designed, then the ECU will keep it running optimally based on engine sensors, i.e. temp, deto, throttle pos. AFR, etc.

once you have an AFR map for a certain engine that map should stay very
simmilar
but with a different brand of turbo the eficency if of the turbo could play into it. if it tunes to a pre determand AFR map it would compensate for that

ewanaburner

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2002
west central MN
That what i though it sounded like , when we tuned the vipec on my turboed apex , the auto tune was very hard to use , as it was very hard holding RPM,s steady with the dyno when boost comes on , may of been the type of dyno being used .

Looking forward to seeing this system run on the snow in the mountains.

was the autotune only used for tuneing then disabled or on all the time

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
If I already have a turbo pro can buy just the ECM and put it on
Yes since it is plug and play(you will need a map sensor installed)
and let it tune itself ?
Well .....kinda!

For best results, it will need to be prorammed for your set-up, once and for all.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
That what i though it sounded like , when we tuned the vipec on my turboed apex , the auto tune was very hard to use , as it was very hard holding RPM,s steady with the dyno when boost comes on , may of been the type of dyno being used
That was for sure your problem....a water brake dyno is tough to control, for ease of use we recommend using an eddie current dyno....also need to understand that once a good mapping is done, well it is done forever.

Looking forward to seeing this system run on the snow in the mountains.:decision:[/QUOTE]...

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
once you have an AFR map for a certain engine that map should stay very
simmilar
any kinda of turbo setup will be pretty close in mapping.few things to adjust but not that much.
but with a different brand of turbo the eficency if of the turbo could play into it. if it tunes to a pre determand AFR map it would compensate for that
Just remember, the wideband are used to "tune" the sled, after tune done you can put away the gauge/wideband, the ecu will run on predeterminated values.the ecu run open loop almost 90% of the time....like oem!!

Premium Features