• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Pressure dropping on Boost

Man I hate these types of gremlins! Glad you found something wrong finally!

I had an instance last year where I though stator was out too, got new one and tested the same as well. Turned out it was ecu. Such a PITA!

Ouch, I will take my nickle connector any day over a ECU. :)

I went ahead and ordered a new capacitor from Shain tonight. I am not 100% certain that mine is still good. I need this thing to run by Wednesday next week. So to make sure, the only thing I have left is the Capacitor. So another $30 and I have a another spare.

Thunder

Holding fuel pressure now!!!!

A stupid wire connector. Spent eight hours in the shop. Pulled reeds, checked every component of the fuel system, pump, pickup pucks, external regulator, etc. Pulled the stator, purchase a new stator only to find it Ohmed out exactly like the one I took out (I have one for sale :-) ) power to pump, voltage to pump was good at idle.

Again found one bad connector to the 56000 farad capacitor. So the voltage wasn't stable, and I needed the capacity to boost my fuel pump when pulling hard. (Thanks to Shain Stanger for the hours on the phone trouble shooting)

Thunder

just think of the bonding you and your sled have had in the shop spending that time together...

its worth all the money in the world for those memories....eh...

just think of the bonding you and your sled have had in the shop spending that time together...

its worth all the money in the world for those memories....eh...

I say BS!!!! We have bonded to the point that I put it in the swap meet section. LOL

No it's a great sled, when you have a mod sled you expect a few things. And really I haven't had to much trouble. Just little stuff.

But I am kind of thinking a pour in the oil, top off the fuel and pull the rope sled could be fun.

Thunder

Premium Features

Back