• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FrozenMOTO Spy Photos!!!!!!

F

FrozenMOTO

So I worked all week and finally get some pics for you guys its not much but will give you an idea of our product. I'm working on our website now that I finished getting patent pending status on our suspension system, and trust me it was worth it as the suspension worked every bit as well as I hoped(and I had pretty high expectations). We have a few vids as well but they are terrible as we haven't been trying to get good shots but tune the product. We are planning a ride this weekend coming up to try and get better shots and so good videos.

Hope you enjoy and feel free to as questions.

Quality Note - All possible components are made in American and the few that are not are made in Europe and Canada. We made this kit out of the highest quality parts and materials we could get are hands on.

PS Sorry for the long wait but I had to make sure all my work was protected.

Also remember this is our pre-production prototype. This means that its a bit rough around the edges and not even close to the quality of product that customers will receive.

An nice side view in the snow(note in all of the pics the rear of the kit is high but that is just because we were messing with some shock adjustment settings to see how well the ski pressure and shock adjustments work, when adjusted properly that bike is exactly the same seat height as stock.)

angleview.jpg

A small hill that I climbed(I know this isnt a steep hill but it climbed this and more very easily, I could almost just putt up it). Also notice how little track is on the snow when its really set up. This allows the lugs to actually bit in and give you traction as well as puts more weight on the outer edges and lets it bite in and lean over, even in this hard of snow we had no problems getting in on its side. When you need more track on the ground just adjust the shocks and you can ride the deep as well.

041jt.jpg

A close up of the suspension(note that with this suspension the front of the track has a TRUE 11 inches of vertical travel which is as much as most dirt bikes and the rear is around 20 inches of travel. This thing just floats over the rough terrain like a true motocross bike. Also note that for deep snow all you have to do is let out a bit of air in the rear most shock and pump up the front shock a bit and you can change the track approach angle to a much more gradual incline to help keep you on top in the deep. We tried it and it worked great totally changes how it rides!

038iz.jpg

Here you can see what the track would look like fully compressed after a huge landing. Note its not all the way it has about an inch more travel left but its pretty close to bottomed out. Also just an FYI the brake has a very nice cover that guards it, it just hasn't showed up yet.
img0003yb.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I also wanted to mention that we also will be making another model called the SXC that will be exactly the same only the track is 2" narrower as well as all of the other components. This is for you guys back east who want to tear up the trails and tracks as well as do a bit of boon docking. And yes it has plenty of track to go in the powder you just wont get nearly as far as someone with a SMX kit.

Definately thinking outside the box. be sure to get some video of the suspension action, I am having a hard time getting my mind wrapped around how it works.

When the suspension is set up properly for a given condition what is the bikes top speed on and off trail? Also is there just one chain in the entire drive system that connects the front sprocket directly to the track drive shaft? Thank You, Budd

Last edited:
When the suspension is set up properly for a given condition what is the bikes top speed on and off trail? Also is there just one chain in the entire drive system that connects the front sprocket directly to the track drive shaft? Thank You, Budd

Ok so there is first of all two chains. One goes to a jack shaft hub that is supported by two large bearings in the bike mount housing. It is a 4340 chromoly splined shaft that is heat treated. That offsets the chain and then one more short chain runs from the jack shaft to the hub(yes I said hub as in like a dirt bike on much larger and stronger). The total chain length between both sets of drive chains is about 90 links so about as much drive chain as a racing atv. Overall it is a very short and light weight drive setup that is very easy to maintain and adjust. We will be selling different size jack shaft and hub sprockets so you can gear the bike to fit YOUR conditions. Oh and both chains are fully adjustable using the chain rollers.

Top speed for the system on hard pack like shown on a 450 should be close to a stock 450f minus about 10mph. With are patent pending suspension system as the suspension compresses no power is lost due to track loading and binding. This saves a ton of power for the ground. During our tests we found that almost no noticeable power was lost riding the bike. So to answer your question you can gear it to whatever you want but a top speed of a few miles on hour under what the stock bike can get would be expected.

In deep snow it is very difficult to judge as some is light and some is heavy. But the same rules still apply here. No power loss from the suspension and you can gear your kit to get maximum track speed for the snow conditions you are riding in.

Definately thinking outside the box. be sure to get some video of the suspension action, I am having a hard time getting my mind wrapped around how it works.

I will be getting a video of it this weekend but to explain it the front a rear arms always stay parallel and and top and bottem arm always stays parallel . This is the most important part of are patent pending suspension as it solves many convisional track problems. Its true though you really need to see this in action to believe it so I will get some vids of it.

The idea is that it floats in and out of holes and follows the ground as much as possible. You can slow down or speed up when your track is not on the snow and this keeps it there. Its also very adjustable as far as changing ski pressure and track pressure.

What is the track size on the smx

The track size of the SMX is 121x12x1.75. We allow the option of a 121x12x2 as well but the smaller lugged track comes in single ply and is about 5lbs lighter so Im not sure why anyone would want to get the 2" lug track.

The SXC will come with a 121x10x1.75 snocross track installed.

What is the advantage of your kit vs. Timbersleds kit?

This one is tricky to anwser since I have not ridden a timbersled but from a design stand point I can see a few things.

More adjustable ride
Better on trail performance while providing excellent deep snow flotation
More suspension travel to soak up bumps and jumps with both rising rate shocks(we are more true travel than anyone else in the industry)

Loads more gearing options

Larger brake disk for better stopping performance

Design to not pack snow on the kit

No power loss in the suspension system(this could potentially save 10 to 20 percent of power wasted and put it to the snow)

Low amount of track on the ground when its not needed(one of the most important aspects when riding on trails and harder snow, more weight per sq inch of track means it will bite a dig more on harder snow and allows you to lean even in the harder snow conditions)

Stock seat height, yep we got all the travel and didnt raise the bike a bit.

All hardware and fasteners are metric, no second set of tools on the trail, just use your bike tools

5 years of snow bike engineering went into the design.

Im sure there is more but that's all I got for now, remember I haven't ridden a timbersled. But I designed and engineered my kits to be better in just about every way that I can think of then both the timbersled and 2moto. I looked at all of their flaws and started fixing them in my own kit. If I could not make a product perform better I would not be releasing my own kits, Im happy with the new SMX and SXC kits.

What does the kit weigh? and what ski comes with the kit?

It adds about 60 lbs to the bike and comes with a gen I ski, a gen II ski will be an option as well. Also ski colors can be picked as well on pre orders which will most likely be the only option to get one for now.

We will finalize pricing and ordering info as we launch our website.

As of now though we are working on getting you guys a bit more media so you can see how it works as well as getting our suppliers setup.

Randy, nice job on your kit, it looks cool. I can’t wait to see it on the snow. You must be very excited; I am and it is not even my part. The industry is in need of some competition between brands. This will help the snow bike sport grow and to become a household name like snowmobiles.
If you are at all interested I would invite you up to Sandpoint to go riding. I know the good spots up here that have lots of snow for testing and finding a wide variety of terrain. Please to not think that I am being a pompous *** because I am the competition; I just love to ride and am always looking for someone to ride with.
You can contact me at timersled@timbersled.com

Allen

Last edited:
Bad news guys, we went out yesterday and found a bit of snow, as we were unloading a massive storm rolled in and we had to sit in the pickup for about an hour at the top of the mountain in a pretty epic thunder and lightning storm. After about an hour the thunder and lightning went away but it was still pouring down rain. We decided to ride anyways and we got some good testing in but we couldn't take any video in the rain. The camera was getting soaked as soon as we got it out. I'm going to try again this next weekend.

I did get a snowbike newbie and old time dirt bike and sled enthusiast on the kit and he loved it. Even with the conditions be really slick and slushy he was ripping around in the trees in just a few minutes. It was really good to see someone pick it up so fast and have that much fun.

I will keep you guys updated on the next video attempt.

Its almost June, just saying i hope its not too late to get a video of her in action!

Are you going to any shows with the kit?

-Matt

Its almost June, just saying i hope its not too late to get a video of her in action!

Are you going to any shows with the kit?

-Matt

I know a spot that SHOULD have at least 6 to 10 feet this weekend. We are going to try and get some video of just how the suspension works a maybe some other shots if we can find some different terrain that still has snow.

Yes we will be going to some shows as well. Not sure what shows we will get to but if you have one in mind let me know and I will see what we can do.

Also we have made alot of small changes to the design so it make look a bit different. Most of the changes are not even noticeable and effect shock loads and handling while a few changes are noticeable are mostly for strength and weight reasons.

Well we finally got some video and well is sucks. I will end up posting some of it in the next few weeks but its not good at all. We borrowed the cam and it turned out to not take good video at all. Oh well at least we tried I guess.

It was a good day of riding however. This kit will straight up climb and go fast as well. I was cutting through trees and sidehilling were no sleds had gone so I at least had decent untracked snow.

Premium Features

Back