• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Frost Bite

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
First off , that sucks, been there done that no fun :face-icon-small-sad Second, I'm no Doctor, but when I had a slight case a few years ago I treated it with Aloe Vera and lots of it, it seemed to cool the pain associated with frostbite and helped with the healing proccess. It really depends on the severity of frostbite, possibly have a doctor look at it to determine proper treatmeant if you're on the fence about how bad you have it, maybe google it and read on the subject so at least you can make an informed decision whether it's warranted. Good luck, did I say that sucks. :face-icon-small-fro

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I agree with2Thetopp on all of it.

Aloe does help. When I did my chin years ago, I kept it gooped on (it was under my chin). I still like aloe, though I also now use Emu cream or oil for a lot of things. Great healing properties!

Mine wasn't bad enough to go to the Doc. Was weird when I got it. I didn't even know at the time. I was riding, and it was really cold out. At a stop, I reached to undo my chinstrap of my helmet, and I had snow frozen on me. :face-icon-small-sho

The big thing now....you're always going to have to take extra precaution in those areas so as to not re-damage them.

And yes.....it does suck!

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
Hi it's me Momma/Trish/mom/......

I make Balm of gillead which works well for many things...
Infuse poplar buds into olive oil, a mason Jar about 1/3 full with buds, topped off with olive oil, put a paper towel with an elastic on top. Stir every day for 4 weeks... then you're left with an awesome oil.. .mix in some shay butter and beeswax and you have an amazing salve.
if you have hippie people near by, you may be able to find some already made.

Reactions: girlpowder
D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
I have had a few patches on my face that blistered pretty good. You need to keep it clean..avoid makeup and other non essential products. I used plain ole Neosporin and healed up pretty good.

When you have dead tissue infection is the part you need to fear the most. Once an area has been frost bitten it tends to me more suspectable.

Hope you heal up well,
mw

Premium Features