• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Freestyle skis, anyone ran anything different?

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Keep folding the stocker skis in half. Probably due to adding 20hp. They are a nice light ski, but don't take any serious riding.

Thinking the ~02-05 offset ski or even the current summit ski might work ok.

Anyone bolted anything else on?

I.P.Yellow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Are you running a 300? If so how did you get the extra 20 ponies. I'm running stock skis and haven't had a problem. Then again my daughter drives it and is pretty careful.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Are you running a 300? If so how did you get the extra 20 ponies. I'm running stock skis and haven't had a problem. Then again my daughter drives it and is pretty careful.

We've got a 550 backcountry @ 80hp or so. Quck little sled. It comes everywhere and does it very well. The ski's kink right infront of the spindle bolts. Rider usually goes over the bars. They are nice and light, but they are just hollow plastic.

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
skis

i glad you asked the question, the skis are doing the same on ours, was thinking of something wider but try and stay light, its so narrow i was thinking of some of the old doo offset skis and run them oposite wider on the outside, i hope other chime in on this it has to be a problem, i fount the stock work till the wear bars were weakend then they folded up,
anyone
giddyup

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Find a used pair of Simmons in the classifieds here. They bend, throw them in the bathtub and they'll pop back into shape. Between them and the Slydog's, I don't know if there is a more durable option. Can find used Simmons for $150 on here every so often

Upgraded to 6.9 & 5.7 Pilots on my kids Freestyles

Keep folding the stocker skis in half. Probably due to adding 20hp. They are a nice light ski, but don't take any serious riding.

Thinking the ~02-05 offset ski or even the current summit ski might work ok.

Anyone bolted anything else on?

I recently put 6.9 "Mountain Performance" Pilot Skis (they were the 2006 version of 6.9 with no offset) on 2 of my Freestyles and a set 5.7 Pilots from my '09 TNT on the 3rd Freestyle. Have yet to try them, but sure they're gonna be great!

I have 3 pair of the stock skis if anyone is interested. None have be folded and one pair are VERY low miles. All are off 2006 Freestyles.

Send me a PM if interested and make me an offer...

Hacksaw.

Luvinit

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sask,Canada
Portgrinder, I,ve used the old summit offset ski for a couple of years now but they work best if mounted in reverse - the keel to the inside - doesn,t grab on this light sled.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Anyone tried anything different?

C&A's?

You guys running the Doo skis...did you have to carve up a little rubber block to put underneith to keep the skis level or is it a straight bolt on?

thanks

Premium Features