• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FOX IQS VS FOX FLOAT 3 QS

I'm looking to purchase a set of shocks for my 2023 9R, Rmk. Besides the electric control on the fly option, what's the pro and cons of these two options if any?

Looking for everyone's views who have used them.

Thank you

if you do buy a full set front/rear Burandt is offering a free klim atlas av bag with purchase of set of shocks this week. even if you dont need bag can sell and get back good $$

now on the shocks as far as i know both shocks IQS and float 3 qs are the same shock just one is push button adjustment on the bars and other is bend over and turn a few knobs and have to remember settings (stiff rear soft front etc for each setting). from what i hear and see most people wont manually switch them 90% of the time. but having it on the bar one click away it will get used more times 90% of the time.

i have a set of the 1.5 qs front shocks and adjust those a few times a day being that i can reach them from the seat if i wanted when parked. as for rear if i had the option to quick adjust i would probably not adjust them being that its inconvenient to adjust the rear shocks slightly more than the fronts.

also the iqs will add some weight but not much. i think the ease of adjusting the ride from the bars out weighs the added weight of the iqs system (not sure how much it adds maybe a pound or two?)

if you do buy a full set front/rear Burandt is offering a free klim atlas av bag with purchase of set of shocks this week. even if you dont need bag can sell and get back good $$

now on the shocks as far as i know both shocks IQS and float 3 qs are the same shock just one is push button adjustment on the bars and other is bend over and turn a few knobs and have to remember settings (stiff rear soft front etc for each setting). from what i hear and see most people wont manually switch them 90% of the time. but having it on the bar one click away it will get used more times 90% of the time.

i have a set of the 1.5 qs front shocks and adjust those a few times a day being that i can reach them from the seat if i wanted when parked. as for rear if i had the option to quick adjust i would probably not adjust them being that its inconvenient to adjust the rear shocks slightly more than the fronts.

also the iqs will add some weight but not much. i think the ease of adjusting the ride from the bars out weighs the added weight of the iqs system (not sure how much it adds maybe a pound or two?)
The FOX IQS offers the convenience of instant adjustment, making it easy to customize your ride while on the trail. Conversely, some riders find this less practical, but both shocks provide excellent performance on snowmobiles.

If the extra cost of the IQS isn’t an issue, I’d go that route. Like mentioned, during a ride it’s a PIA to constantly be clicking the the QRS clicker for optimal conditions. To be able to easily switch back and forth on the IQS rear shock lock out is really nice in the deep snow backcountry.

If the extra cost of the IQS isn’t an issue, I’d go that route. Like mentioned, during a ride it’s a PIA to constantly be clicking the the QRS clicker for optimal conditions. To be able to easily switch back and forth on the IQS rear shock lock out is really nice in the deep snow backcountry.
Veryy true about the lockout I’ve heard that is clutch in many conditions. 100% forgot about that great point @madmax.

So, any other actual input on the Fox coils???

Been considering upgrading the Velocities on my Khaos, just not sure what to try this time.

I've run several sets of Raptors in the past with great luck but I'm open to trying something new. Been looking at the Fox coils and Exits.

Been considering upgrading the Velocities on my Khaos, just not sure what to try this time.

I've run several sets of Raptors in the past with great luck but I'm open to trying something new. Been looking at the Fox coils and Exits.
They were a noticeable upgrade on my matryx pro. I added khaos length and limiters so that may skew it a bit. They velocities on the pro dont have hi/lo speed either. The qs3 adjuster is nice, even after multiple days of riding and not thawing the sled out, i was able to adjust the shocks with barely any effort. Lockout works great, feels like your cheating. I was happy for how much i paid, next time i might go iqs but its a lot of money

I’m still running the burandt fox qs3 coils.

Still happy with them.

They don’t get the resi locator pin wrecked by a small stick hitting it and ruin a complete shock like the velocity shocks.

I’ve run exits and raptors in the past and these seem on par.

I'm running QS3 floats and really like them. I bought them from Burandt and talked to him about setup. Told him my weight and riding style. I put the pressures in he recommended and then checked them after riding for about 2hrs. They barely changed and I enjoyed the setup. I actually increased the pressure in my FTS to 35 to make the sled more playful but other than that, they have been great. You definitely can tell a difference when you lock out the rear shock on hill climbing. I think they were worth every penny over my Velocities

I have ran the fox coils Raptors and zbros. So far the raptors are my favorite. The zbros are the softest most plush but were a little too soft for my taste. Having said that I’m trying the zbros again with the TRS rear skid.

They used to have some numbers on their website in the support section a few years ago, but looks like corporate scrubbed all that. Probably in the name of efficiency and everything has to go through email for service requests now, and push people to go to the distributors for sales questions since they don't sell direct. Calling BBA or the guys at Ice Age might be your best bet on performance or fit questions. Carver Performance is also good. They are pretty XC racing focused, but have been helpful for me on the Cat side figuring out custom setups. Otherwise, all the snowmobile development for Fox is handled out of their service center in Minnesota. If you could talk to anyone at Fox I would try to get in contact with someone there.

My $0.02 on air vs springs:
In general the air spring design seems to work well for larger or more aggressive riders that benefit from some extra hold-up and bottoming resistance. Or those that like to tinker and tune to get their setup just right. Air sleeve maintenance is key to reducing seal drag and maintaining low speed plushness. I clean/re-lube every 500 miles or so.
Springs are a little more plush and the set it and forget it crowd like not having to check air pressures and do air sleeve Maintenace.
Air used to be lighter, but with the latest versions of lightweight design on components and springs along with Evol chambers and negative springs on the air shocks I wouldn't be surprised if weight was now a wash.

Last edited:
I had the qs3 coils on my 2020 Khaos that I converted to a 162. Has anyone else noticed that on a really bad trail ride into the riding zone the rear kind of feels like a pogo stick? There doesnt seem to be any dampening at all unless the rear is in lockout which is obvioulsy only for straight up hill climbing. I am getting a 2023 Pro Boost that I will put Khaos profile rails on and I would really like to use these shocks on that sled but that was my only gripe with them.

I had the qs3 coils on my 2020 Khaos that I converted to a 162. Has anyone else noticed that on a really bad trail ride into the riding zone the rear kind of feels like a pogo stick? There doesnt seem to be any dampening at all unless the rear is in lockout which is obvioulsy only for straight up hill climbing. I am getting a 2023 Pro Boost that I will put Khaos profile rails on and I would really like to use these shocks on that sled but that was my only gripe with them.
If they’re that old they need freshening up anyways. Have GSR add some rebound dampening while he’s in there.

If they’re that old they need freshening up anyways. Have GSR add some rebound dampening while he’s in there.
They were like that since new. I had the floats before that and they felt the same way. Great everywhere else except in the whoops on the way up and down. Fronts were awesome but I dont know what was going on with the rears. I still have them because I put the stockers back on the sled to trade it in and I would like to put them on the new sled but it puzzles me why the rear is like this.

They were like that since new. I had the floats before that and they felt the same way. Great everywhere else except in the whoops on the way up and down. Fronts were awesome but I dont know what was going on with the rears. I still have them because I put the stockers back on the sled to trade it in and I would like to put them on the new sled but it puzzles me why the rear is like this.
It’s that way because the valving doesn’t match what you want from the shocks.

Not mysterious.

They are extremely customizable.

It’s maybe $35 per shock for revalving.

$40 a shock for rebuild and fresh oil.

"Have GSR add some rebound dampening while he’s in there." who is this?

anyone running the larger capacity springs on the Foxes that Ice Age offers?

Premium Features

Back