• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Snow of the Season//Ride//

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
FAIRBANKS -- It looks like winter is on its way to Interior Alaska, at least in the higher elevations.

The National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory through midnight tonight for heavy snow along the Steese Highway at Eagle Summit and Twelvemile Summit.

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
Came up threw sunday. Paxson mtn is snow coverd up on top and down to the towers. Summit has snow more than half way down the mtn almost to 1st ridge. The peaks are all white. Rainbow pass had snow halfway down too. If i had sleddeck i would be tryin to get up and ride summit this weekend.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
I wasn't going to but I am feeling frisky :p

First ride of the season last year was at Hatchers 10-21-07...of course it wasn't just a first for all of us now was it Chad? hehehehe How is it I always manage to catch those moments in time where you just wish I wasn't there?

Chad on his first Kitty Cat!!

DSC06147.jpg

Some pile I found smashed on the side of the trail heading out...ouch!

Hatchers001-1.jpg

Chad falling off his pile lol

DSC06137-1.jpg

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
last year i rode summit lake in about 2-3 feet of powder on october 24th. (the summit lake on the kenai peninsula) already went on my first ride. if you take your sled up to hope juction then go to the end of palmer creek road you can ride summer snow anytime. took my 440 rev up last weekend. had a great time! and it was snowing as i was riding. it almost felt like winter

Premium Features