• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

finally testing Honda's prototype

Feathering the clutch

Jay,

Feathering the clutch is a definate tool that I use a lot. Not so much in an all out climb, but in tight areas where finese is required.

Duke can confirm, we went into Turtle one day this spring, ..in the back way off the end of the Kirkup, the trail was nasty and requires skill, a good sled and a decent rider on a good day. Of course it is an uphill tree run, which can be fun, but there were bomb holes and deep trenchs. I pulled out the top in good fashion, but the clutch was warm to say the least form the abuse. I will probably upgrade the clutch plates and springs some time during this off season.

When idling around in the deep, or boondocking, I will often bring in the clutch and grab some rpm's and let her rip, this gets it up on boost instantly for big power.

I enjoy the heck out of this sled, but it is not particularly user friendly!! LOL

CR

ok..the tubing..it looks consistant in size throughout the chassis..??..what is the tubing OD and the wall thickness..??...is 4130 really the only way to go..are the tabs etc also 4130..??...and what really is 4130....lol..??...i could google it but im lazy...lol..

Awesome work on both builds CR. Beautiful sleds with a ton of work in them. Building is half the fun!

Premium Features

Back