• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Eureka

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
lol...friends supposed to call later...is headed up to his cabin...will post what he finds..hope they do havent been to my cabin since x-mass...and am wanting to go...

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
We went this past weekend. They did get some new snow, but the wind was blowing fierce on Friday night making the wind chill around -40, blowing any sign of new snow to the south side. We found some great powder on Sat, but they could still use at least 2 more feet. But overall it was a great day of riding, cold (-10) but still a great day. Sunday was -18.

We also went the prior weekend and found some great little cornices to jump off of too. There's powder in dem dere hills for sure......:)

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Snow's a comin' ~ little by little :D

TODAY
Cloudy. Areas of snow along the mountains with up to 2 inches accumulation. Highs in the 20s. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
TONIGHT
Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Lows zero to 10 above. Southeast wind 10 to 20 mph. Wind chills 5 below to 20 below zero after midnight.
FRIDAY
Mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers. Highs in the mid teens to lower 20s. South wind 10 mph in the morning becoming light.
FRIDAY NIGHT
Partly cloudy. Lows 5 to 15 above. Southwest wind 10 mph.
SATURDAY
Cloudy with a chance of snow. Highs in the mid teens to lower 20s. East wind 10 mph.
SATURDAY NIGHT
Snow likely. Lows 5 to 15 above.
SUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT
Cloudy with a chance of snow. Highs in the 20s. Lows 5 to 15 above.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
went to the cabin this weekend, was a lot of fun...great snow if ya know where to look...150 miles never saw another soul till we hit the parking lot..veiw.JPG

mike.JPG

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Eureka: The good, the bad and the ugly.
The good: this is a great place to take the family riding. My 10 year old loved it, and this was a good place to take new people out to introduce them to the sport.
The bad: There was roughly 2 ½ ft of snow (we parked @ mile past the lodge), the trails were groomed & marked, but they need more snow!
The ugly: Alders sticking up everywhere because of the lack of snow, and really flat light in the afternoon.
Still a great place to take family and friends, there were no crowds, parking lots were empty, and roads were clear and dry all the way.

S

SnowFlinger

Jan 9, 2008
Anchorage
www.myspace.com
went to the cabin this weekend, was a lot of fun...great snow if ya know where to look...150 miles never saw another soul till we hit the parking lot..View attachment 12502

View attachment 12503

Nice Pictures, wish I could have made it back. The weather was outstanding and warm. Those pics you posted, was that way out by the little O?

I was keeping my eyes out for you the first 20 miles or so. Then I decided to make a drop into the whirlpool of doom. If we had a two way radio I would have called the guys on top and said "Go find a guy riding a red dragon with a black helmet and tell him I said hello" The conditions in this hole where 2' of dry sugar under a 8" igloo slab with 1' of snow on top. No danger from the upper portions giving away. The bad place was the crap near the bottom. I would rather have been Huffen and Trenchen all the good powder on the south side instead of crust busten this pit from hell all day trying to get back to my friends. It really feels like the walls are closing in when the sun starts to drop. On the bright side.......a 4 hour workout!!:) I want to say super thanks to the big skidoo guys for scouting an alternate route out from the top and taking the risk by dropping in to help. Hat's off to all the snowmobile people in the world that help fellow riders in bad situations. You guys are the Alaskan Elite. And also, thanks girls for all the hugs and kisses, you rock!

The sad thing is when I got back out totally exhausted, 2 other guys dropped down and found themselves getting sucked into a ravine. I'm guessing that they probably left the machines for a later recovery mission. :face-icon-small-sad

Sunk it again on the left hill with about 300' to go. No regrets though. Got me a lesson with a tan.
VALLEYOFDOOM.jpg

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
man flinger, where was you flinging yourself? lol sorry your ride was crappy....ours was awesome we had crust but only on the very top of ridges..everything lower was soft and a blast..ours wasn't a total success..one of the rev's with me got a lower control arm...moved the ski back a solid 8 inches..still made it to the road without breaking..am taking the kids up this weekend if I get back to town from work in time...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Coworker snapped this photo. Also heard the guy he was with kept an M6 held to the bar for over 5 minuets before letting off. Wow. I wish I went that direction. I wouldn't say my ride was crappy though, just a little delayed trying to climb out of the monster bowl.
Double Click and Expand Image....sweet tracks they left. Total Money!

yea...looks good..that looks like the south side between gunsight and the lodge...is fun down there too...

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I heard rumours that Eureka received some measurable snow this week. If anyone is out that way this weekend, please let us know what the real deal is. Thanks!!!

D
Dec 9, 2007
Palmer,Alaska
Thanks,, I wonder haw bad the wind messed things up? I live off Palmer / Wasilla and it has been blowing like crazy the last few days.. Seems to be done now, have to go out and get my stuff from the neighbors yards..lol

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
How do you like your dragon? Have you rode it side by side with a rev? How does it fair?
Is it a 7 or an 8?

mines an 8..so far I love it...it hasn't been bested yet....has just shy of 1000 miles, had left handwarmer quit on second ride...thats it except rider preference to stiffen front track shock a little bit...regeared and clutch kit,and vents...is a total blast to ride..everyone that has gotten on it has comeback impressed....

Premium Features