• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Eureka

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
As of yet - ther is nothing to report :(

Friends went there a few days ago and had a good time - luckily didn't hit anything... on average there's less than two feet of snow still.

A

ak m8

Dec 3, 2007
Chugiak, AK
snow

I drove through on the way back from Glennallen and there was about 3 inches of new snow and snowing like crazy. Glennallen got 6 inches last night. It will not be long now.

A

ak m8

Dec 3, 2007
Chugiak, AK
The lodge will be closed the 24th, 25th & 26th. So, just in case it dumps, you'll need to make other lodging plans during those dates.
Where did you guys ride and how deep was the snow? I am riding somewhere this weekend and was wondering if it was even worth the trip.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
I didn't go riding this past weekend. I too am going to Eureka on Sat to check on things at our cabin so will update when I get back.

I have yet to go riding....super bummed!!!

BLONDZ went to Pville on Sunday and she said the snow was 4 feet deep in areas, but no base. So Pville should be set up this week for some great riding this w/e.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I didn't go riding this past weekend. I too am going to Eureka on Sat to check on things at our cabin so will update when I get back.

I have yet to go riding....super bummed!!!

BLONDZ went to Pville on Sunday and she said the snow was 4 feet deep in areas, but no base. So Pville should be set up this week for some great riding this w/e.

That was cantwell she was talking about, pville has a great base right now

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Rode Eureka on Saturday...I agree they need more snow! The trails out towards Four Corners and Monument are in good shape, but not enough snow over the brush yet in the low country for boonie bashing. Once you get above the brushline by Four Corners you can find a few areas to play in. I only saw eight other sleds in the back country, so not much of the fresh snow was marked up.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
SAD so SAD :(

Well, Eureka got a good dumping of some of the finest powder that I've ever seen up there and the locals have said the same thing ~ they've never seen the powder so fresh and fluffy!! woooo hoooo!!

AND THEN ~ I fricken WOKE UP!!!! :mad:

Sorry, but I was dreaming! Arrrrgghhh!!!

:(

I still can't believe that Eureka hasn't gotten a good dumping yet!!

A

ak m8

Dec 3, 2007
Chugiak, AK
Well, Eureka got a good dumping of some of the finest powder that I've ever seen up there and the locals have said the same thing ~ they've never seen the powder so fresh and fluffy!! woooo hoooo!!

AND THEN ~ I fricken WOKE UP!!!! :mad:

Sorry, but I was dreaming! Arrrrgghhh!!!

:(

I still can't believe that Eureka hasn't gotten a good dumping yet!!
That was a realy bad joke! LOL!! Hopefully there will be more snow by April. The way it is going now, it will take that long.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Looking to do a family ride and wondered if the trails at Eureka were rideable?

I drove by Eureka on New Years day on my way back from ice fishing and riding Lake Louise. The lodge was closed (every Tuesday) and the parking lot was empty. Not much more snow than on 15 December, but the trails are ridable and there is some boondocking in the hills up high. They really do need more snow to have fun.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
I drove by Eureka on New Years day on my way back from ice fishing and riding Lake Louise. The lodge was closed (every Tuesday) and the parking lot was empty. Not much more snow than on 15 December, but the trails are ridable and there is some boondocking in the hills up high. They really do need more snow to have fun.

THanks for the sad update MORSNO, but I guess some snow is better than no snow. :)

How was the riding at LK Louise? Have you heard of how the trail is from Eureka Ldg to Lk Louise?

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
No good news :(

Just got home from a four day adventure to the brown cabin. we never rode once. Somehow managed to blow my chaincase between the parking lot and the 1 mile of trail to the cabin. Needs a minimum of 2 feet to make a good ride. The highest the temperature got was 5, coldest -19. Some other guys who stopped at the cabin to party with us rode a little, they had nothing good to report and they rode Gunsight.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
THanks for the sad update MORSNO, but I guess some snow is better than no snow. :)

How was the riding at LK Louise? Have you heard of how the trail is from Eureka Ldg to Lk Louise?

All the trails have a good hardpack base (didn't see any snirt) and the lakes and swamps have some good powder. You can still see all the underbrush everywhere, so off trail riding is still disappointing.

Premium Features