• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine swap, Edge 700

I'm switching out a motor for a friend of mine. I'm taking a rebuilt 98 700 motor and installing it into an 01 Edge chassis. So far everything has gone smoothly, had to change the motor plate and that was about it. UNTIL I got to the cooling system. The plumbing is different, intake is on top of the flywheel and oil pump cover where as it's on the bottom on the 98. Can't I simply exchange the unit's with each other. Meaning take the 01 and install it on the 98? All mounting bolt look to be in the same locations along with the oil pump. Thank you.

I would swap the waterpump housing, you can swap the head also. it may be different but shouldn't make a big difference

Im doing the same thing and I think all I need to do is time it and it should start so if you need any help just PM me and I will be more than happy to help out with the swap.

Im doing it with a 600 so if you have a 7 or an 8 your way better off.

on the 98 engine I put the different water pump and changed the stator/flywheel and that is all I changed on the engine.

Use the coolant line from the water pump to the coolant bottle off the edge and for the top one use the one off the 98 and I just plugged the bypass because the 98 didn't have one anyway.

Use the stator off the edge and the flywheel then use the wiring harness off the edge.

Thats all I can think of now but if you have anymore questions just shout.

Hey thanks a lot guys! I know a lot about working on two strokes, but when it comes to timing....I know NADA. Bringing it to a friend of mine who owns and operates his own sled/race shop. I have full confidence this sled will run this coming winter. :beer;

Premium Features

Back