• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elko Nevada and the Rubies Mid May ???

What is the best way there fron Southern California?

im not sure what the roads that cut across nevada are like, but if your coming from LA i would probably take the 95 north out of vegas to the 376, take that up to the 305 and take that up to battle mountain, catch the 80 east and zip right into elko... finding fuel and prices along that route might be the hardest part...

or to save on postage, fly into salt lake, rent a uhaul steal dan gardiners sled and head out west from there... :)

Leaving this afternoon report card to follow....... Still a chance to head west ....BTW fastest way is through Vegas up alt-95 then to Fallon to Lovelock and 80 east...rest is pretty much dirt roads, or VERY tight roads that is all 70 mph roads

im not sure what the roads that cut across nevada are like, but if your coming from LA i would probably take the 95 north out of vegas to the 376, take that up to the 305 and take that up to battle mountain, catch the 80 east and zip right into elko... finding fuel and prices along that route might be the hardest part...

or to save on postage, fly into salt lake, rent a uhaul steal dan gardiners sled and head out west from there... :)

I'm not worthy to ride Dan the Man Gardiner's sled. Besides wouldn't everybody on the mountain be hot doggin around me and kickin snow in my face?

I do have lots of AA miles. Are they still doin business in SLC?

Hope you guys can make it

The sooner the better, if not this weekend the next. Come up on friday and spend two days riding to get the full experince of the Rubies. I'll probably make it my last ride of the season. The road up is pretty woop out and hard but still not bad up top. Got some chutes still that need to be pulled. If you know where to go?

Saw you guys from Reno, The one in your group with the Cutler 10K did the most amazing pull ever! (well it wasn't a full climb, but it was sick,if you were there you know what im talking about) Hope you guys can come down again, I'll have a couple belts if you do. lol, damn belt eater sled.

watchthis, are you the one the exploded the belt above the first lake? we could hear the explosion all the way across the lake.
nothing like pulling the "3/4 hill" :)

Saw you guys from Reno, The one in your group with the Cutler 10K did the most amazing pull ever! (well it wasn't a full climb, but it was sick,if you were there you know what im talking about) Hope you guys can come down again, I'll have a couple belts if you do. lol, damn belt eater sled.

We had two Cutlers 1000s: King (orange hood) and mine (no hood) We had lots of fun.

Talk to D. Bell about blowing belts. He had to do a ton of clutch aligning and I think that fixed it on his XP.

We had two Cutlers 1000s: King (orange hood) and mine (no hood) We had lots of fun.

Talk to D. Bell about blowing belts. He had to do a ton of clutch aligning and I think that fixed it on his XP.

It was the one with no hood, man that "pull" was so sweet. I would have gave you a high five but you were going to fast, I couldn't catch you. :D;)

I've only seen Dave up there once, His XP looked like it ran really good. I think he's working on a turbo for the XP!:D :eek:

Let me try this again....if the pic is big enough you can see the line at the top right of pic.....not sure if it is big or clear enough....sorry, still figuring out the pic posting....

T

P5030034_resize.JPG

photos

photobucket is a good way to share pics, just upload your pic and copy the IMG code to your Reply
Picture1420.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back