• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electric Mountain Lodge & Grand Mesa Updates

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Feb 3, 2009
X2 On going up Steven's! They have logging operations going on, so the road is plowed clear up on top...about 5 miles from the lodge.

We rode yesterday, the snow was good, but keep an eye out if you get off the road! We found trees and rocks ON the roads.

Plan to stop by the lodge this weekend and make sure they are still serving the beer COLD!

B
Feb 3, 2009
Parking lot

Yes, there is a turn-around at the top of Steven's Gulch and room to park there and along the road. It isn't as big as it has been in past years, but still better than the last time I was over on the Muddy Creek side.

Like I said, haven't been to the lodge since the new owners took over, but had fuel and oil in the past. MAN, that can come in handy!!!

B
Nov 11, 2009
Gas & Oil at EML & Cold Beer!

Yes we will have gas this year at EML. We are working on getting some Amsoil in too. The beer is still cold and a full bar too! We will also be stocking a c-store of drinks, snacks and nick nacks.

The logging company is plowing past Windy Point on the Stevens Gultch trail. We will be Grooming on our own to the Stevens Gultch and the Muddy. We will also monitor the parking situation and help as needed, so please let me know of any bad experiences at the trailheads.

We are offering a Killer special of $50 a night for a lodge room and $75 a night for a large cabin for two people for the rest of December for Colorado Residents! Check us out during this special! Call the lodge and mention the SnoWest Special.

Since I posted the last pictures another 2 to 2.5 feet of the fluffy has fallen out here! The base is set and needs to settle now, with one more dump we will be worry free off trail riding!

Ride safe, have fun and make your way to Electric Mountain Lodge some time this winter!

Thanks,
Ben Wallace
General Manager
Electric Mountain Lodge

B
Nov 11, 2009
Back Online, but snowed in and still snowing...

Sorry guys. I got lazy, we got busy and lost our help. We got hammered in the last few weeks. It's great riding out right now. We are also getting hammered this week with another foot plus! We are sold out this weekend and next, but we have open cabins after next weekend! Trails are great and off trail is even better!

We have 5+ on the ground, pushing 7 feet in the high country!

I'll let you know what falls this week!

Ben

Last edited:
S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
Just got back from the lodge. What a great place to ride and stay. The staff up there was great. The food is incredible. Thanks for the great weekend. When we left today there was seven plus at the lodge and coming down.
Chuck & Derek

BOULDERBOB

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2008
Boulder, Co
I'll second the above comments. I was also part of the group, we spent 3 1/2 days riding up there and enjoyed every minute of it. There was every type of terrain available from nicely groomed trails (not that we saw much of them) to moderate boon docking areas to the steep and deep. The lodge was not only a great place to stay (especially thanks to the staff) but easy & convenient to get too. And as Ski Laxn said the food was outstanding! Our only complaint.....is that we don't live a little closer so we could go there more often!

Bob

B
Nov 11, 2009
Snowing all day

We got a foot of snow in small anounts over the past week. The storms have been sitting on the Mesa when the surrounding area's are clear. We got another 4 inches at the lodge today in a fine whiteout powder.

Riding's good and rooms are available...

Come check out the Mesa... Ben

B
Nov 11, 2009
No Longer at Electric

Kristy and I left employment at Electric Mountain Lodge this past week. I am not sure what is going on now with their menus, rates and snow conditions. The snow was epic on Tuesday when we left. The riding is great on the Mesa and I hope to make it back one day to actually ride!
Thank you to the folks who came and visited while we were there and made our time fun!

Take Care
Ben & Kristy

Electric Mountain Lodge

Hey it's Tod from Electric Mountain Lodge. I was just as supprised as you were to hear that Ben and Kristy were leaving us. We will continue to offer the excellent food and service that was served while Ben and Kristy were with us at EML. We have added Snowmobile Rentals and will add ATV rentals for the summer months. Watch for new cabin rates, rental rates, menu's, and the web cam to be up and running on the web site in the weeks to come. Best of luck to Ben and Kristy wherever they may land next.
Tod Welch General Manager / Owner Electric Mountain Lodge...

B
Feb 3, 2009
EML CHANGE

My group was in there Monday and found out about the changes and...BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...the chicken cordon blue! Menu is a little more simple, but I don't go to a "lodge" while on a snowmobile journey to have lobster and steak. Burger or a sandwich and a few beers at a good price is the way to go!

Good luck Tod!

Still a GREAT place to go to or just stop in!

Electric Mountain Lodge

Thanks for the input. I agree with you that We are working hard to meet the requests and needs of all of our guests both old and new. We have 4" - 6" of fresh powder and still snowing hard. Snowcat grooming to Paonia and West Muddy today and tonight. Should be an epic day tomorrow. Hope to see you again soon. Tod

Premium Features