• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electric Mountain Lodge & Grand Mesa Updates

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Nov 11, 2009
Electric Mountain Lodge, located on the Grand Mesa trail system, surrounded by 800 square miles of off trail riding in the Gunnison, Grand Mesa & White River National Forests is under new ownership!
cabins_sleds_winter.jpg

The new owner of the lodge, Tod Welch could be considered a snowmobile enthusiast as he also owns Colorado Sledstyle, a freestyle snowmobile group with industry leading athletes.

Electric Mountain Lodge will continue to offer cabins and lodge rooms recently remodeled with the addition of two more cabins this fall. A new website will be launched in the next week and a web camera coming soon! Our new chef will offer quality meals to local snowmobilers and amazing dinners to guests and locals.

I, Ben Wallace, will be the General Manager of Electric Mountain Lodge. I’ll keep this thread updated with conditions on the Grand Mesa and surrounding areas. Having been the Resort Director for Towgotee Mountain Lodge for the last 8 years I understand the need for honest and current updates on snow conditions and events.
I look forward to a fun winter on the Grand Mesa and a new deep powder backyard to explore from our front door! Don’t hesitate to drop me an e-mail or give us a call at the lodge.
Have a safe winter season… and if you ride the Mesa post some pics here and let us all know how it was!

Ben Wallace
General Manager
ben@electricmountainlodge.com
Electric Mountain Lodge

Sep 25, 2004
Minnesota to ZG
Great news!

Great to hear your association with Electric Mountain Lodge. Congratulations and good luck with your new position.

Looking forward to the improvements you have described. You have a great location and facility that has much potential.

Best regards

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Welcome to Colorado Ben!! Always appreciated your Togwotee updates in years past. Very thorough and informative. Look forward to seeing you this winter.

Quinton

Farmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Carbondale, CO
Live2Ride and I had lunch over there a few weeks ago and the food was excellent. Two thumbs up for sure. :beer;:beer;

AverageJoe

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2008
Marble, CO
www.SnowBikeWest.com
Hey, I met your guy from the old lodge at the Denver Snow Show last month, he mentioned you just went to the EML... My booth was next to his... We take rides out your way all the time, so I'll be sure to track you down when I'm out there for lunch and beers! Welcome.. I'm in Marble, just on the other side of Mclure Pass... Looks like we have some snow on its way!

Jason

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
The best of luck on this business venture....we need more sledder friendly operations out there.

B
Nov 11, 2009
Snow Todat at EML

:)Thank you all for the warm welcome. We are very excited to be here and can't wait for more snow! We have three cabins with 8 beds and two more cabins with three beds (a little smaller then togwotee cabins).

Check out the snow!

NOAA NOTICE:

240 AM MST FRI NOV 13 2009

...NUMEROUS WINTER STORM WARNINGS AND ADVISORIES ARE IN EFFECT FOR MUCH OF WESTERN COLORADO TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY...

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR EASTERN UTAH AND WESTERN COLORADO.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

WIDESPREAD SNOW WILL INCREASE OVER THE MOUNTAINS TODAY...WITH
LOCALLY HEAVY SNOWFALL DEVELOPING. MOUNTAIN SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS THROUGH TONIGHT WILL RANGE FROM 6-12 INCHES ESPECIALLY OVER THE NORTHERN RANGES. PLEASE VISIT HTTP://WEATHER.GOV/GJT FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION REGARDING THIS WINTER STORM.

DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY

SNOWFALL WILL CONTINUE OVER MOST MOUNTAIN LOCATIONS AND SOME VALLEYS AS A SECONDARY COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE AREA SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. AS A RESULT HAZARDOUS WINTER TRAVELING CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR OVER THE MOUNTAINS OF WESTERN COLORADO AND EASTERN UTAH THROUGH THIS WEEKEND.

CONDITIONS WILL IMPROVE (get worse!(ben) SUNDAY NIGHT AS HIGH PRESSURE AND DRIER
WEATHER MOVING INTO THE REGION. THE NEXT CHANCE FOR RAIN AND SNOW ARRIVES ON THURSDAY.

Today: Snow. High near 33. West wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 25. South southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 29. South wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 18. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east northeast. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday: A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. North northwest wind around 10 mph.

Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.

I'll post pics tomorrow of what falls.

Ben

C

crashleroux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO but they shipped me to Pocatello
Ben, welcome to Colorado, take care of my old home country. I know that you did some great things in Towgotee before the ownership change. You have a great opportunity at Electric one word of advice stay in touch with the local dealers and they will send you tons of business. I used to work there and we had a wed night ride every week up until the ownership changes drove us all away. 10-20 dinners a week. Good Luck maybe I will see you this spring.

D

duece1

Oct 26, 2008
Is this the same location of the old lodge that blew up in 2005? I was in that lodge shortly before the explosion. Was a really cool place. Maybe I am thinking of a differnt place.

S

Spike38

Dec 11, 2007
Indian Hills
Best of Luck

Welcome to Colorado and we wish all the best and will be seeing you this winter. We love to ride over from the West end. Just have food and gas and great attitude and they will come.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Would you post a picture or two of the current conditions / weather / snow level around the lodge presently??

Thx.

Q

D

driftjumper

Nov 29, 2007
www.exconfreeride.com
Would you post a picture or two of the current conditions / weather / snow level around the lodge presently??

Keep us posted on snow conditions. Would like to spend a week up there this winter!

As 866RMK posted the new website was launched yesterday. I actually built it, and there are still some things to be added. One thing will be the addition of a newsletter sign up form. I'll post here when that's available so you can get all of the latest updates on the lodge as well as any special deals available.

Also, I want to let everyone know that Ben is on vacation for the next week or so. But once he gets back he'll be posting updates on the conditions around the lodge here on Snowest and on the EML website regularly. Oh, and we'll be working on getting a web cam up and running when he gets back too.

Reactions: 866RMK
O

OLD GOAT

Nov 26, 2007
Lyons, Colorado
Any snow along up there?

Hey Ben, congrats on coming to Colorado. Remember you from the years at Togwotee! Good luck! Is there enough snow up there to ride the trails & break in a new sled? Bill Delacroix

Premium Features