• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ecu reflash?

just bough a 08 700rmk cfi motor gone and i got her put back together now she runs real good and but havnt took her on a long trip yet cus the guy i got her off said she was tuned for high evelvation and the highest around my area is about 2600 feet wondering if i should get the ecu reflash?

Fuel injection should compensate for elevation unless drastic mods were done like high comp head on this thing
What was wrong with it to begin with. And what did you do to it?
It would stand to reason if you could rebuild a blown motor you would have some knowledge about these kinds of things !!

thats what i figured its would compensate itself but the guy i bought it off said she was tuned for the mountains which really made no sense seeingnonly thing is on her is a can......he blame runing her at low elevation cause her to blow but he was runing br8es in her which i think cause her to blow..she only ruined one piston and cyclinder on clutch side....but couldnt pick no sense into buddy so was just asking if i should take her in for a reflash????

just bough a 08 700rmk cfi motor gone and i got her put back together now she runs real good and but havnt took her on a long trip yet cus the guy i got her off said she was tuned for high evelvation and the highest around my area is about 2600 feet wondering if i should get the ecu reflash?

Most likely "tuned for high evelvation" meens clutch work was done. Not mapping.

Premium Features

Back