• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon Feethooker are here! Foot board traction

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
i cut a hole in the front of the first cleat on mine too :)

Pictures as requested

These are on a 2005 IQR, I would only do one thing different I should have cut a hole in front of the first tab. Snow does get bunched there, I will cut it out sometime this summer but it will be harder now ahhh well.

Sorry about the dust and rust!

foot%20board%20installed%20LR.jpg

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
sent PM. there is another user asking the same question. if you guys want to pre-order a couple sets i'll find a sled locally to make some up for.

if any body else is interested let me know.

And I'm interested in these (or ANY brand) that would work well on a 2008 Switchback. It has a fishbone reinforcement setup much like the IQR and I'm not sure how any of these products would work around that. Click here for pretty decent pic of what I'm talking about on the Switch's running boards:

http://cds004.ch2.hwcdn.net/y5b8k2i...llpaper/600_dragon_switchback_1600x1200_3.jpg

I would LOVE to have the extra traction and larger holes on my Switch...but working around that fishbone thing has me confounded. Meathooker or others...what are my options?

C
Feb 28, 2008
sent PM. there is another user asking the same question. if you guys want to pre-order a couple sets i'll find a sled locally to make some up for.

if any body else is interested let me know.

Got your PM. Thanks. I also started a link over on HCS Switchback forum in hopes of stirring a little interest in your direction...hopefully you will get a few more takers so you can justify making up a few for this 136" chassis:
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=421590

I am a 100% definite buyer if you come up with a set for my machine before winter. Thanks!

C
Dec 1, 2007
They look good. On the iqr pictures, it shows them attaching to the tunnel, but the first four pics they are just flat. Do the ones for the dragon come up the tunnel? I like the idea of attaching to the tunnel, I'm sort of afraid of them ripping out the bottom of, thanks..

J

jholer

Dec 9, 2007
Jackson, WY
Meathooker, we need some pics of these installed on a dragon. And maybe some more specifics, i.e. material thickness, testing done, etc. I think that would get more interested...

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
They look good. On the iqr pictures, it shows them attaching to the tunnel, but the first four pics they are just flat. Do the ones for the dragon come up the tunnel? I like the idea of attaching to the tunnel, I'm sort of afraid of them ripping out the bottom of, thanks..

There are tons of better boards out there that have no issues and they are just flat.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
What type of coating do you use?

In your pic you show them rivited into the side of the tunnel. That tunnel sides are really thin and flexy(if thats a word) How many hours of testing are on them and how do the sides of the tunnel look afterwords? Did you use a heavy person over 220 in testing to see how they would hold up under some good abuse like jumps and cornice drops etc. with some hard landings?

K
Nov 29, 2007
kelowna bc
IMO if you want to make a set of boards for the dragon..find a way to make them wide. i sat on a xp yesterday and wow my hole foot fit without riding the rail. all the boards i ve seen on here are nice but i would like to see a wide board for the iq

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
thats why the cleets are taller on the feet hookers so your foot sits up a little taller then you feet has more room to move around

the only co that i know of that has wider moards that are worth doing is the van amburg kit but im sticking with the feethookers

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
got my black meathookers all installed tonight they look great!
ill post up some pictures tomorrow after i clean up the sled and all the shavings

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
is it just me,i see alot of people wanting widening kits......but i run my foot on the side rail all the time and have never fallen off, no matter jumping or riding. i have no use for widening kits, i actually hated my edge 121 with the wide floor boards

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
It does seem like a lot of guys are asking for the wider boards these days. i've been riding RMK's since 97 and have gotten used to running my foot on the outer rail; in fact i used to ride it there all day before i got Feethookers on my sled because that was the only place with traction! I've been riding an IQr for the last two seasons and it has wide running boards and i find myself migrating to the outer edges out of habit on it.

is it just me,i see alot of people wanting widening kits......but i run my foot on the side rail all the time and have never fallen off, no matter jumping or riding. i have no use for widening kits, i actually hated my edge 121 with the wide floor boards

P
Is it possible to get a set of these feethookers to fit on my Assault? I want a set of these before the snow flies this year. So much snow gets trapped in the footwells of on the raw chassis and I'm hoping a set of feethookers would eliminate that. Let me know what you think.

Premium Features