• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo XM to Axys or G4 850?

Curious for advice, I have seen some threads comparing axys 800 to G4 850, but without much talk of buying used and what mileage means or cost on both. Performance-wise I am confident I want an 850 doo, but 800 axys would still be a nice upgrade. I rode 2015 polaris pro 800 for a couple seasons and switched to a skidoo xm 800. Having more power with the etec compared to the pro was more noticeable to me than the more consistent side hill on the polaris, the xm just took some getting used to with a narrower balance point on a side hill, but way easier to get to turn/lean over in my opinion.

Looking for used sleds seems like everyone with a skidoo wants to get what they paid for it. Specifically, the 2018+ 850 skidoos are way more expensive with way more miles than equivalent axys 800s. People are asking like $6.5K+ for sleds with 2500 miles and $7K+ for anything under 2000 miles, seems like I can get an 800 axys with ~1500 miles 2018+ for like 6000$ potentially. Even found a 2018 axys with under 500miles for $7K, but was left outside without a cover for a couple seasons.

Is the performance difference between an 800 axys significant enough between 850 to pay that much more for the skidoo with the same year machine? I know polaris has a bad rep durability wise, I never had any issues with my pro (had more go wrong on my xm) but is a 1500-mile axys basically the same thing durability wise as a 2000–2500 mile skidoo? Is the roughly $1000+ difference in cost of buying used skidoo 850 vs polaris axys 800 worth it?

Premium Features

Back