• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo Track Fitment ?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You really should trim a 16" wide track if you're going to put it in a 15" tunnel. Polaris stock stuff comes cockeyed enough to rub, a wider track ain't gonna help.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have a 165 Doo track on my 20. Takes about 45 min . with a razor knife and she's down to 15 in. There is molding line on the inside of the track on both sides to follow. Don't have a lot of time on it yet to see how durable it will be.
IMG_2331.JPG

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
The question is, Why would you? My experience with the 3,5" pitch tracks from G4 is that they are durable as paper bags. Have had to change one track every season so far on my Lynx and I have actually changed as many tracks as I have belts....

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The question is, Why would you? My experience with the 3,5" pitch tracks from G4 is that they are durable as paper bags. Have had to change one track every season so far on my Lynx and I have actually changed as many tracks as I have belts....
I’ve seen similar.
Delamination mostly

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Ya I was worrying about edges being weakened ..
Drag tracks are prob safe cut but sidehilling is prob extremely harsh on a compromised bonding.
Learn by your wit and you'll never forget !!

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Could it be the flex edge???

I don't think so, they've had flex edge tracks before that held up decently.
I have a theory. A long time ago tracks were made in roughly foot long pieces that were "glued together". In the early 2000's sometime camoplast began making tracks in one piece with continuous cord in a single mold. The molds were expensive so choices of lug patterns and hight were limited but the tracks were strong and durable. A few years ago the OEMs started going nuts with different lug paterns/pitches and lengths so the single piece manufacturing became too expensive for the flora of tracks they offered. So they went back to "gluing short pieces together" introducing a weak point at the edge every foot or so where there are no cords.

So this is my theory. If someone knows for sure, please let us know! =)

Premium Features