• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Donate a photograph

Hey Alaskans,
I am starting a business as a travel consultant to Alaska (don't worry, I WILL send all my clients back to where they come from) and on my website I would like to have a Photo Album from AK.
I have bunch of my own pictures but I desperately need photos of:
- Airplanes, flying, scenery from air
- I could use more good fishing pictures
-Definitely need hunting
-Need scenic road & transportation pictures (RV, train, paddlewheeler in Fairbanks etc)
-4 wheeling
-motorcycling in AK
-heliskiing
-dog mushing
-anything from above with children

I need only good quality (good light, whole person, sharp, no blood on fish etc) pictures. If anybody is willing to donate your photos, I will appreciate it.
Thank you, Dasha

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Hey Dash, I would love to help you out. I can send you several of the catagories you are after. Pm me an email address or just post it here so others can help you out as well.
Tim

Thanks for you offer Tim! I appreciate it for sure!
I don't feel completely comfortable posting my personal stuff here, especially after reading all the negative threat. So if anybody is willing to help with pictures, please PM me.
BTW, it'll be good to get to know you Tim (and hopefully others as well).

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
I have a TON of pictures. I'll start posting them for you, these are some shots from my trip to Yakutat last spring.

sunrise.jpg

sunset.jpg

yakutat_griz.jpg

griz3.jpg

griz4.jpg

In total there were 6 cubs (all playing together) and 2 sows!

eagle1.jpg

eagle2.jpg

If you need bigger ones pm me and let me know how big. I'll post more if you want too.

Last edited:
A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
^^^very nice pics, I like the sunset with snow caped mountains

Thanks for the compliments!

Wow! love the picture of the blue roofed bldg with the reflection on the water. You've got quite the photographic eye! Very Nice!!!

Thanks, I think that was in King Cove last spring.

I have some where around 9+ gigs of pictures so if you want more of this stuff let me know.

Wow, thank you ALL for helping out!!! I got lots of PMs and it's almost overwhelming! I will reply to each of you, it just might be a day or two...
If you want to post them here, I guess it's OK, I can copy them from here, or PM me and I will give you my email. I LOVE the scenery photographs, and of course the bears are always nice to include! (I have never seen so many bears so close to each other!!!) I could use whales, cariboo and nice moose bull as well.
I have been using only my own pictures and some of my friends to protect myself from getting into a legal trouble. It'll be my understanding that if you post your photos in this link, I can use them, OK?

Friend of mine just PMd me and said, quote "Alaska peeps are awesome. I bet people in other states aren't so quick to share their personal photos."

YES, you are AWESOME!!! During first 10 hrs 12 people offered or emailed links and photos, willing to do the extra work that is involved!!! THANK YOU!!!! None of those I have ever met or even chat with before!!!

Here are some samples of what I am looking for, something unique to Alaska.

1st pic.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Here is a couple bulls that were too small to shoot with the gun so I had to use the camera instead. 1 of the racing in anc this summer too.
008_8_00.jpg
Ancmx7City053.jpg
P9170175_edited.jpg
P9170157_editedSmall.jpg

S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
These are just what I have on my laptop. I'll get out the cd's after dinner...

Oct26a.jpg

Sept32008.jpg

My fave:
1-1.jpg

2.jpg

12 mile Summit:
3.jpg

Also 12 mile summit:
5.jpg

Premium Features