• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does such a turbo sled exist? Add fuel and go?

I have 3 kids as well. I just tell my wife.... hey everyone in the family needs a sled.... Even if my youngest boy is only 2 months old.... He still needs a 200+ HP sled......

He will grow into it some day!!!!!lol

Its all about the "Kitchen Passes" man!

Does such a turbo sled exist? Add fuel and go?

From what I've seen the last few years. Pretty dang close.

We have 4 Boondockers PumpGas sleds in the group I ride with.

09 M8 - 2200 miles (1000 boosted)
09 M8 - 2400 miles (2300 boosted)
09 M8 - 3800 miles (2800 boosted)
10 M8 - 2500 miles (2400 boosted)

Issues we've seen:
- small cracks in the y-pipe
- bad timing module
- reeds need to be changed every 1500-2000 miles
- 1 diamond drive broke
- all sleds on their 2nd secondary clutch
- fuel settings need very minor adjustments every so often depending on weather conditions.

Couple mods that woke the turbo up even more...
- MDS weights (throttle response is better all around, pulls much harder)
- Cold air intake (on warmer days, 25°+, the performance is way better)

We ride 7000'-11000'. The 09s can get up to around 12lbs before maxing out the injectors. The 10 can get to around 11lbs. Usually run around 9-10 lbs. That is plenty of power for most conditions and if you consistently run more than that you're going to need a Kmod or some other suspension to keep the front end down on steeper climbs.

We run straight 91 since installing the 3°timing control module.

I jump on stock Pros every once in a while to remind myself that I will never ride stock again. Boring, waste of my time!

If you want gas and go stay stock if you do go with boost get the extra injectors. You have to put in time to make it work no ifs ands or buts. Last year my dealer sold me a PG Twisted Kit it was OK this year I upgraded to the dual injector kit. My sled is 1000 times better this year not even the same sport as last year. I can ride right out of the house so going for a quick ride to check my last adjustment is ez if you have to drive 1000 miles good luck. You need experience with the additude box but once you get it its simple I havent made a adjustment in a month. Bottom line don't let anyone talk you into a pump gas kit and don,t buy a used kit. If you are going with boost step up get a dual injector kit but dont kid youre self it takes some time but its wicked my face gets sore from smiling so much.

This has been one of the MOST INFORMATIONAL threads I have read in a long time! What a wealth of knowledge and willingness to "help a brother out"!

I came on here to post almost this same question, and I found this thread....answered MANY of my questions.

If having the install done on a late model m, is there a year that is prone to better reliability? kinda figured by this time most quality builders will have the maps worked out for whatever year....but your thoughts?

Before I bought my turbo kit I spent time reading these forums and was convinced I had to do a lot of tuning to keep a turbo sled running. I don't know about others but I have a 07 m8 with all the upgrades to make it pretty much a 09 and it had 2500 hard boondocking miles on it stock. Beginning of last season I purchased a pg boondocker kit with a low boost actuator (because I ride low ele). I installed the full kit per the instructions including their clutching that comes with the kit. Pulled the rope and rode it all season last year with out touching any setting. The thing ripped right out of the box. The starting numbers just seemed to be pretty close to perfect. There is no studdering or any weirdness in the whole rpm range. Rode it every weekend hard all last season. Beginning of this season while doing my preseaon maintenance the only issue I found was one pedal on one of the reeds was slightly lifted. So I replaced it and have been riding threw this whole season with problem free just pull the rope and go with no hassle. Love this sled and set up. Really a pleasure to own. I can't tell you why people say "boondocker is more work to own" because that hasn't been my experience. I ride 1500 feet to 4000 feet in ele on 93 pump gas with ethenol.

Premium Features

Back