• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does Crown Royal get better with age?

I have 2 bottles of Crown Royal that are uncracked, One is dated 1969 & the other 1970. Does it get better with age? Should it be dumped? Should I lock it away again & let it age more?

Whiskey improves with age if it is left in it's cask. Once it is bottled it may improve slightly but not enough for most people to notice.
It is definitley ok to drink so no need to pour it out unless it's into a glass.

When each of my children were born the CO from my squadren gave me a bottle of scotch as it was his thing. I still have 2 of them from the late 60s my son and his friends liberated one when they were in H.S got drunk then sick and he says he has'nt touched scotch since and cannot even stand the smell of it.

When each of my children were born the CO from my squadren gave me a bottle of scotch as it was his thing. I still have 2 of them from the late 60s my son and his friends liberated one when they were in H.S got drunk then sick and he says he has'nt touched scotch since and cannot even stand the smell of it.

Had a gal buy me some McMasters way back, To this day if I smell McMasters Im Hurling :o

Have any of you boys had the higher end crowns???? The next step is crown reserve, then cask, the extra reserve. Cracked a bottle of the cask a few months ago with some buds..................WOW is that good. Just pour over some ice and listen to it sing. No need for a mix, just on the rocks. I haven't had the XR yet, but my buds have and they said it brings a tear to your eye. Not to mention your wallet - about $200 a bottle.

Have any of you boys had the higher end crowns???? The next step is crown reserve, then cask, the extra reserve. Cracked a bottle of the cask a few months ago with some buds..................WOW is that good. Just pour over some ice and listen to it sing. No need for a mix, just on the rocks. I haven't had the XR yet, but my buds have and they said it brings a tear to your eye. Not to mention your wallet - about $200 a bottle.

the last 10 yrs we have had a memorial ride, that we called "the ironball run". it was named after a local sledder, ( one he11 of a guy) who had the handle "ironball. every year the winning team members gets a 5th of crown (his drink). since last yr was the last "ironball" the winners got a 5th of crown XR. lets just say, its way better than ALL the expectations:D. if you get the chance, try it , you WILL love it

if you like the crown xr you should try pappy van winkle 20 or 23 year. the 23 year old is really hard to get since it is a limited bottling but the 20 year old is fairly easy to get an both are absolutely amazing!!!

brother in law had a bottle of the XR....bastage didn't share with me it was that good. Can't get the wife to buy me one....seems regular crown is the price limit on whiskey and 40 for everything else. If she only knew what my taste buds were missing.

Premium Features

Back